Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bissell Home Carpet Cleaner

I did a job for an older lady today in a very nice house. It had all-white carpet in the carpeted rooms, and in each room there was a very dark grey traffic lane. Haven't seen any this bad for some time - a few years, maybe. The last time I'd seen this dug-in a traffic lane, the customer told me she had been using her new Bissell Home "Deep Cleaning" machine for about a year. She was upset that her carpets were getting soiled at a rate much faster than they ever had before.

When I had finally succeeded at removing the dark lanes, I asked today's customer what the recent cleaning history had been for her carpets. (I'm thinking "Bissell Home Carpet Cleaner") She said, "I've been using a new Bissell Home Carpet Cleaner for a couple of years.") BINGO!!

The problems with gizmos of this type is there is no real extraction mechanism. They have a brush which scrubs the soil loose, and I guess a weak suction that is supposed to suck it all up, but obviously fails to do so. Even if Bissell supplied an encapsulating type of cleaning product, which would crystallize the soil for vacuuming out later, this machine wouldn't be so bad. But their cleaning solution must be of the old-fashioned variety - slightly sticky when dry - which is picking up soil from the shoes of people coming into the house. So if you see that one of your customers has one of these Bissells in her closet, you might advise her that it could very well be accelerating the resoiling of her carpets. Of course, then she'll need your services more often, so perhaps you should say nothing.

Re: Bissell Home Carpet Cleaner

we've got one that we used occasionly... ours was the realy cheap $60 one... enough to help when our dog had an accadent or something... amazing at how weak the suck was on it...

the big prob is the chems like you said... sticky when dry... add that to most people stay to the "a little is good more is better" phelosphy (SP?)... if you read other forums the same type of thing happens VERY often with the rug dr (which we'd rent on occasion when we felt our $60 bissel wasn't doing a good enough job doh)

I think I'm going to start trying to sell Challengers to home rental centers (outside of my own service area, of course).

no offense... but that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen... how many people do you think read the instructions on the rug dr?... IMHO would be even more important with OP...

i have read of places that rent the HOST machine... that IMHO is a great idea vs the rug dr... much easier to use... and nothing to mess up.