Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tile& Glue

I have 2 situations,Frist at this Yankee Suites. I had just did a demo there,went back because I left something behind. turns out some guys that were stayuing there broke a desk and got Gurilla Glue and tried to hide it. made a mess of the desk ,and got some on the carpet,anyone have any Idea what could get that out Allso at a new acct I just did they having problem getting a mosaic tile floor clean,it is white and black tile,He wants to seal it,but using a mop keeps leaving to much dirt,I suggested perhaps my Challenger with cotten pads,might do a good job and not leave the dirt behind,any suggestions?

Re: Tile& Glue

I just Googled "remove gorilla glue" and didn't find any proven methods of accomplishing this. Someone thought fingernail polish remover, or acetone might do it, but these seemed like guesses. Then I went to the Gorilla Glue website, and asked them this same question. I'll post what they answer with.

Re. the tile floor: lightly spray with your standard cleaning product, or with a stone cleaning product. Wring out a terrycloth pad, and scrub away with your Challenger. This should clean it up just fine.

Mark thax for reply.I got some of that GOO GONE that I heard you speak of,tried that and few other things onit.They just going to replace that part of rug with tile.It happened in dining area of Suite ,just extend kitchen area tiles to dining area.It was softening but breaking down very slowly,more of an apoxy than glue that stuff expanded where they tried to fix the desk.I cleaned that Theater mon evening,it came out great,looks very good they really like the encap,wishes he knew of this years ago,had a trk mount thought this was better.We are gonna try that with the tile,much of it is the originail tile,has no sealer on it.He is hoping it will do it,dose not want to seal dirt in.

i LOVE using my OP machine as a mop... other then the 2 bedrooms our entire house is tile...

unless there is a real sticky spot (2 little kids in the house) i just wet a pad wring it out and scrub away... then toss down a dry one to dry it out...

did a similar thing at a demo I did... sprayed my whamm/zbomb mix (all i had at the time) let it sit for a little while and scrubed away w/ just cotton pads... it's 3 months later and you can still REALY see the line where i stoped cleaning...

didn't get the bid because of budget issues (already in a contract ect) but they plan to use me next year...

I have received a response from someone at the Gorilla Glue company. They said they didn't know of any way to remove dried GG from carpet. Any solvent strong enough to penetrate the glue in its dried form would completely dissolve the carpet, accorging to them.

This might sound wierd but try brake cleaner (do a color test first in a corner of a closet and let the customer know what you are doing and get thier approval) I was at a job the other day and had a stain on a carpet that I almost completly got out only a hint of it was left, the customer was removing clued bown carpet from a tile floor and had all types of chemicals to assist in the removal of the glue he found brake cleaner worked the best and he then tried it on the rest of the stain I scrubbed the stain and it came right out, gurrila glue is probably stronger then carpet glue but it might work, to go into further detail the person I was cleaning for use to own a garmet manufacturing company and he actually used brake cleaner to remove stains from his material, kind of wierd but if it works it works, probably definatly need the customers approval first, and tell them it is a last resort, that it might work and it might not and if it does damage the carpet you cant be responsible because you informed them of the risk, and they agreed.

Brake-clean...wow...this reminds me of my pre-professional days where I tried anything to get stuff out of my carpets. I would never recommend trying this at a customer's house, but I found that Carb-Clean (from AutoZone) works even better than Brake-clean ha ha ha. Funny that I admit doing this. My father-in-law is a mechanic and he uses this stuff all of the time on customer's car carpets to get out grease and oil. The reason why carb-clean is better is that it is alcohol based and mostly evaporates without leaving a residue. Brake-clean is petroleum based and will leave a light oily film in the carpet. It will then attract soils faster in the future.

Disclaimer...again...not advocating this practice

This Forum: breaking new ground in edgy methods of stain removal! Or: "Stain Removal: Tales from the Dark Side".