Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Protector

Anybody who is selling themselves as an all natural or earth friendly company, what do you do when a customer wants protector? Is there an all natural one out there? Do you tell them just the cleaning part is all natural? Any comments appreciated.
matty

Re: Protector

Matty what I got now,because I had a coupon for 30% off frist order I got the fiber cop from vacaway,also thier is The soileze from releaseit.I try to go natural,but there are natural laws against it sometimes:)It can't be done,but going green is differant,that can ,there are a lot of green products out there for everything.custermers will not always know or care as long as there are not the harsh chems that some use.just have to know the diff between natural or green, thats what I have found,and been told.

The only "natural" one I'm aware of is by Bioforce Envirotech. I believe it is what Mark uses. Try googling it and you should find the website otherwise Mark may be able to provide you with a link.

Grant has the answer. Go to www.bioforceinc.com. Click on the logo for the EnviroPro line of products.
Go down till you find the one labelled "Carpet Protector". To find out exactly what's in it, any of the Bioforce staff will be happy to talk with you. Glen Nelson, the owner & president, is often available, or try Jaime.

THANKS ALL!

The Fiber-cop or the soileze are not green? I checked out that,bio-force,that is expensive.I did not know only natural or green protector!Thanks

To really know what you are spraying on, you have to read the company's MSDS (materials data specification sheet). Then you might have to Google the names of some of the parts of the formulas, in order to more fully know what these products are really all about.

The Bioforce protector is expensive; I think I paid around $250 for a 5-gallon bucket of it. It dilutes 1 to 2, so 1/3 gallon of solution will be mixed with 2/3 gallon of water. The diluted gallon will cover about 800 to 1200 sq.ft.

Keep two things in mind.

1) If you are advertising all natural, you shouldn't be afraid to charge a little bit more for it. Compare your protector prices to others...no one is cheap.

2) Even at $250, there is a great profit in applying protector because it doesn't take long to apply and rake. Just do the math. A 5-gallon bucket will cover an average of 15,000 sq.ft. We charge $.17 per sq.ft. (Dayton, OH). So, the bucket will make us about $2,550. The solution ended up costing close to 10% of our profit, but applying it (slowly) only takes about 2 minutes for 100 sq.ft. (that equals 5 hours total to apply all 15 gallons of diluted solution). So, even after taking out the cost of the solution, we're making about $460 per hour off of it. Where else can you make that kind of money?

Mark I have trouble opening those PDF files,downloaded the programs they said I needed to open them but all they do is flash,have to esc out of them,or reboot.I need a better pewter:) Mark got a call this mourning,this guy that owns a big commercail blding on our main st has a new tenet moving in,she has chem sensitivty,I may talk with her on phone about the releaseit or doing it with the Orbit.I stopped hitting the pavement almost 2 wks ago, and then only did it about 3 wks and still getting good response,need to get that commercial machine,could I use that machine to apply the Orbit then use the Challenger to pull it out?

Neighbor came over with a restore program for windows,now I can get those PDF files.seams that there are four cat of products.Green,Natural,Earth-Freindly,and every thing else :) I can deal with the frist 3 The releaseit is Earth Freindly,that is how they Market it.I have on my card Environmentally Friendly Carpet Maintenance Systems,that covers alot

To be fully honest with your customers, you need to be fully honest re. the ingredients of your cleaning products. Words like "green", "earth-friendly", etc., have no real, universally accepted meanings, and are frequently used deceptively by marketers. All-natural, on the other hand, is what it says it is. With the Orbitec, you can directly spray the cleaner, electrically, from the machine, as you move along, and it scrubs & cleans with cotton pads at the same time. It is extracting the soil as it goes. With the Cimex, if you were to outfit it with cotton pads, to use with a natural cleaning product, you would have to apply the cleaner separately. With the Cimex, the cleaning solution is gravity-fed down thru each of the 3 rotating heads, and if you were using cotton pads you would in a few seconds saturate them beyond their ability to absorb any soil.