Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

I got my package the end of feb.spent 3 wks doing my carpets,and others that I barterd services with,Graphic Artist to help with design of cards + fliers .Then spent 3 wks putting out fliers in places of business, for residential jobs. I also targetted motels frist week,went out did a few demo's and may have some bus from that.I also went to a restored Theater in town and that made me really take a look at what I needed to do.I have been making like 100$ on the side each wk.Please do not tell anyone as I am currenttly on unemployment.:)I have some bigger jobs setup for end of this month,this weather keeps pushing people back.I have the Challenger, and I am seeking to get the 19" Cimex Package,for the commercial work I may be getting.I have a lot going on should have been posting right along but this is all new to me.I have some ex doing carpets and floors,but the last ten years been driving trk.I hope that part of my life is over

Re: newbie

I should intro myself properly my name is Glenn Harpin I live in Pittsfield,MA. Business name Shire Floor Care.I did get my package thru Mark,and have mostly been in contact with him thru e-mail.I drop in here alot like following what goes on very good info been learning alot.Also hope to get help with ?'s I have.I am looking for a good general spotter been using Z-bomb,think I can do better,and when I do encap need a spotter for that,Thanks

Glen did you get the free sample from Vac away they give you all different types of chemicals to ty out, some work good on differnet types of spots I like POG paint oil and grease When I am not sure what the stain is this stuff usually works preety good.

Jon thanks been using what I got in the package,have good results on residential but not with commercial.I just got a phone call from a janitorial contractor , last tuesday he called wanted to tI got.One of his guys trailed salad oil across a high grade commercail carpet at a 16000 sq ft doctors park.Thier carpets are do,but I went down and used poof with z-bomb,and Orbit natural.spent 2hrs on it was not happy when I left.he paid me ,I did not want to take it.Told him I was not happy with it.It looked alright then but I knew I was not getting into.called the next day said 70% gone,called this mourning said its all back and they are ?ing him about it.Wants me to go down and get portable hwe and help him tonight get it out. I do not mind but I need to get good encap peoduct and good green spotter,thats my shtick, you know what I mean Help!!

For the salad oil get POG from Vac-away.com it works good you also might want to invest in a vapor machine it is pure steam you have to be carfull with it because the steam is extreamly hot but I have found that it helps to break up oils with this and POG you should be good first use the pog as directed then spray the area with your general cleaning chemical then go over it with the steamer and then pad should get good results. For know with out a steamer if you just use POG general cleaner and cotton pads you should be able to get alot of it out, if you use a portable to try and get out oil I would suggest you get one that heats the water, hot water is not always the best to clean carpets with but hot water does help to break up oils. Maybe there is some one that can help you with this that has a little more experience, call Mark and see who is clse to you and they might be willing to come out and help if you give them a cut on the profits, it might be a good learning experience.

Jon thanks for suggestions that steamer You mean a portable Holpostry Machine,Right? As far as the POG I used it to get out finger nail polish that was spilled and sat for months in carpet,came right out with it.When I went to do this I was going to use the POG,but then noticed on poof that it says it gets out salad oil,so thought I would save my POG.When I frist went done I was letting contractor,I know him a bit from other things,see what this could do he a little skeptical about Green.Has had his bus for 23 yrs.When I got there,he did not say much about the place,very high grade loop commercail carpet,wanted me to demonstrat an area,I do not yet have an encapsulator, that is changing.worked for two hrs on it,when he showed up to do his thing there he sliped me 50$ but I did not feel that it was going well then,told him didnot feel I had the right agents.( I do not like to call them chems,trying to get my speak down)Next day called me said 70% was gone,he thought that was good,offered me part time job with him,gonna do it. some jan work but mostly he has floors that need striping and recoat,been a long time from the last time I did that.only tile floors,not getting into wood,except maybe cleaning them.When he called said it was all back did not want to suggest anything,that might not do it,simply told him would correct it with what ever he suggested,Told him again I did not have the right agents,YET.Think he is happy with the way I handeled it.May still be able to get the carpet bus there:)

glen no I am not talking about a upolstry machine these are only hot water extractors what I am talking about is pure steam and nothing else it is a vapor like when you boil water the steam that floats in the air that is all that comes out of this machine you can see what I am talking about at vaporcleanproducts.com all different kinds of machines but all the same idea. I would use the POG the next time you have any bad oil (of any kind) spill. I do not know how effective POB would be if you added a little to Z bomb (I think that is what you said you were using) Both of these product come from vac away, so you might be able to ask them if they are compatable.

I also like to advertise that I am a all natural green company but when it comes to stains I let the customers know that I may have to apply a chemical to stains to get them out never had anyone say no or get up set.

Thank You Jon Iam going to check out those steam machines,talked with mark about them before,or he talked about them said he uses them for hopolstry. Did not know where to look at them,would be awhile before I get one.That also good suggestion about talking with vacaway about this maybe I did something wrong with the poof,says good for salad oil?Thanks again Jon

Glenn
Try e-mailing Steve who owns Vacaway. His email address is (logically enough!!) steve@vacaway.com.
Tell him you received his sample pak when you bought your Challenger from me, and see what he suggests. He is very knowledgeable.

Glenn, I am very new at this; however, we found an all natural degreaser that worked miracles on some oily spots we had. The company is Natural Clean out of Wisconsin and their degreaser is called Orange100. Between that and their OxyBoost, I've been astounded at the results. Ask for Katherine and tell her I sent you - their prices are excellent, their customer service has been the best, and their products are great so far.

This is excellent info.I called and they put Steve on the Phone.I explained the situation.He was excellent,said poof is primarally a residencial spotter,and because the oil sat for atleast 3 days it got down below where it could be taken out,explained it as a wick in oil lamp,exspecially with a good grade commercial that this is,would take several treatments as it wicks up,to get it all out,but the poof can do it.Did not recommend using the POG on it, for several reasons,mainlly that if it was a glue down,pog could do damage to its base,but said pog is mainlly a surface spotter.He was easy to talk with.