Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Funeral Homes

I continue to be high on funeral homes as prospective customers. Historically, I have had a much higher than average positive response rate from them, both for getting in the door to perform a demo, as well as actually gaining their business. They represent a good small-to-medium size of commercial job. Nearly all have a lot of carpeting. Since they are in use frequently, they can't afford to shut down with wet carpeting.

This week I finished a new one. Medium size. About an $1100 job, that required one man-day (person-day?).
On Friday the owner told me he is in the process of acquiring an additional funeral home, in the adjoining community, and so we scheduled carpet cleaning there for a day in May. The owner has 2 sons who work for him. Both of them scheduled jobs at their homes, as did the woman who runs the business side of things, who just bought a new townhouse with A LOT of carpeting. Plus, all these funeral directors and staff talk to a lot of others in the same business, since, in order to keep costs down, they help out on each others' funerals where they get to chat a bit when they're not carrying caskets around and generally trying to look solemn.
Just one suggestion: try not to walk un-knowingly into the "preparation" room.

Re: Funeral Homes

Mark if I had your hands I would cut mine off, you made 1100 dollars in one day that is lovely, let me tell you how my day went, first woke up at six and loaded up the vehicle (because it is still freezing here so I do not leave my equiptment in the car over night) left at 7 arrived at my job at 8 cleaned one large room for 50$ left at 930 got home at 1030 showered left at 1130 to go to my full time job at 1200 in the afternoon, got off of work at 23o am, got home at 300am That was about 20 hours of work in one day made 50$ cleaning carpet then 250$ in tips plus 6 dollars an hour running all day parking and retrieving cars so I made a total of 384$ dollars in twenty hours, I am not complaining but I would love to tripple that and make 1100 dollars in eight hours cleaning carpet, So like I said

"If I had your hands I would cut mine off"

Re: Funeral Homes

i have repeatedly tried 2 but get turned down from them. but i won't let that deter me, i will try others. thanx for the reminder!

--- Derek.