Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Challanger

Hi Everyone....I'm new to this board...a couple of questions about the Challanger...what's the size of the unit, 15" or 17"...CCS claims their equipment oscillates faster and therefore cleans better...is this true?

I currently bonnet and HWE using Carbonated Solutions No Soap as my primary method...works well, but I'm looking for a system that'll work a little better for olefin berbers...I've read the OP works well on these??

Thanks for any help.

Re: Challanger

Thanks for all the help...they're sure a lot more helpful on the CCS board.

Hi Cleanevo,

We have been using the 17" Challenger for a whole year now with absolute amazing results. We use the unit in both residential and commercial applications. The machine is smooth with little vibration, and who can complain when you can also clean hard floor surfaces with it. It has been very efficient in cleaning olefin berbers, especially when you use an encapsulating product with a Fiber Plus Pad or a Synthetic Bonnet with the green stripes. We have never had a problem with Fiber Distortion as long as you keep the machine moving (when using the cotton pads).
This machine has completely won the customer over to us every time and when it comes to speed the $$$ have rolled in.

Hope this helped....

All the best in your search, and you wont be disappointed with OP.

Brian

Thank you Brian...That is a good endorsement for OP. There are a few different machines out there and I just wanted to get some feedback from people who use the Challanger...until now I had only heard from people who had used a CCS unit...they're more expensive than the Challanger, so I just wanted to know what the difference is.

So do you find that the pads you mentioned work better for encap than the cotton pads? I'm sure they probably last longer. So far I've only heard about using the cotton pads with encap.

The Challenger has a 13 1/2" pad driver, which provides a 15" cleaning path. I also sell all of the Orbitec line of OP and CRB products. Orbitec manufactures all of the machines sold by CCS. Take a look at www.orbitec2.com, looking especially closely at the CX-17 and the CX-20. (otherwise known as the Brute). I'll sell you either of these machines at 10% less than the CCS price.
Re. pads & encapping: the FibrePlus pad, and the green-striped pad, are used for "scrub & run" encapsulation. This is where what you want to do is simply strip the soil away from the carpet's fibers. All of the residue then dries into tiny, invisible, super-fragile "crystals" which get vacuumed up later by whoever does the vacuuming of your customer's carpet. There are also products, such as Releasit's Encap PUNCH which works very well in padcapping. Padcapping is done with terrycloth pads. You both remove a lot of soil with the terrycloth pads, and whatever residue you leave behind dries into those tiny crystals. Your results will often look better with padcapping, since you are actually removing soil.
The carpet will appear lighter & brighted than with "scrub & run" encapsulation.

Thanks Mark...Are you using these other machines in your cleaning business? Or, is the Challanger what you use exclusively. I just read on another board that the CCS is a very rough (high vibration) machine to operate and that the Challanger is much smoother...that being said, does the challanger still offer good cleaning? Can it be used on commercial as well or is it too small and light duty?

I use an Orbitec CX-20 on my larger commercial jobs, sometimes along with my Challenger in some of the areas where smaller size and greater maneuverability is required. The Orbitec is considerably heavier, but part of this extra weight in supported by the wheels. It does feel like a heavier machine, but for its size it handles very well. The Challenger may be smaller and lighter, but it may well be the best designed and most durable machine out there. It just runs & runs & runs. You can do commercial jobs with it. They will just take somewhat longer than with a machine with a wider cleaning path.