Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Demo at the church...

finaly got around to doing that demo at the church...

about a 400 sqft area in the foyer, lots of dirt tracked in and some heavy ware patterns (main enterance from outside, enterence to bathroom, water fountian, and an enterence to the sancuary.

came out nicely, chatted with andy (guy who is in charge of it all) a bit and he's wanting me to come do his house soon :)...

anyway i didn't measure everything today... going back next week to do that and then giving a praposal...

at the moment they have a company that does janitorial services, VCT, T&Grout, and carpets... they are spending $32k a year for it all... no specific brakedown of what each is worth...

currently they have the sancuary, tile and grout and upstairs classrooms done once a year, downstairs and the nusery they have done monthly (used as a nusery, day care, and pre-school)... I'm going to try and have them change up the schudle a little (keep the kiddies area monthly, try and get the foyer on a quarterly and perhaps twice a year on the sancuary... I see it regularly and have a good feel for what it realy needs for cleaning frequency... will charge less but will make cleanings much quicker....

for the 400sq ft used about 1 1/2 gallons of cleaner... prob more then i should have 12oz of ENC ds, 4 oz of zbomb... prescrub the heavy sections. then ran over with the pads, no glider most of the time... pulled a bunch of pads... none black but def the dirtiest i've seen yet...

also did a small section of the tile with just the pads... essentuly heavy duty mopping... WOW... i think we'll have some upset old ladies sunday when they see it ;-) so they want me to do that area and the bathrooms (also T&G)

going back next week to messure everything (need to pick up a wheel tape measure) then get the proposal together.

i don't want to get rich off this job but it'll be nice having something concrete every month to pay for the basics (internet, phone ect) and a little extra :)... also see this as a big booster in confedence... def thinking i want to push more for the commercial gigs then the resi... see if i can't get a few more churches or something along with a few hotels :)

Re: Demo at the church...

It's not a bad idea to try and get a number of customers in a certain category, since many of them network regularly with others in their field. That can help you get your name spread around (called "viral" marketing by the experts). This has worked for me with Funeral Directors, who frequently work on each others' funerals. This practice enables them to keep their own personnel costs down, and lets them frequently chat and pass along useful info.

Kind of sounds a lot like the show houses i hope to do. They get a lot of foot traffice daily from potential buyers. Flooring is a mixture of types. about 2,200 - 3,600 sqf per house, not sure what floor space comes out to. Currently have cleaned bi-weekly. currently all hwe cleaning done. This is a new build inovator who uses all the new cost eff., and safe materials. I mentioned to them the benefits of Oping and they were really interested. Also have a dayspa that is interested.

Possibilities are becoming endless now if i can purchase the necessities at an affordable fee, finalize my game plan and put things into action...

Measured most of it out today (couldn't get to the kidies rooms because they where being used... but i can measure them tonight after orchestra practice...

if they go w/ the maitnace plan i'm suggesting it's about 63,000 sq/ft over the year in carpet and large area rugs

450 liner feet of stairs (done annualy)
and 6700 sq/ft of tile

sanctuary alone is over 7k sq/ft not including the stage or backstage area which add another 4k sq/ft... the real beauty of it is... none of it is under pews smile.gif the pews are done theater style with some coated cement under them...

thankfuly i should have enough time to save up for a CRB before the BIG portion of the jobs come into play... i don't think doing that much area would be fun with a single 17" OP machine haha

will keep you guys posted, right now figuring out an appropriate price to charge... I know i'll be charging less per sq/ft... but i'd like to get them to clean a little more frequently in a few areas... so we'll see how that goes.

mark

One way to combine CRB and OP is to use the CRB alone in the more lightly soiled areas, then follow up with your OP using damp terrycloth pads. Heavily soiled areas which have only had excapsulation products scrubbed in but with no actual soil extraction, will appear somewhat darker than the more lightly soiled areas. "Mopping up" with OP & cotton will even this all out.

thats more or less my plan... prescrub and OP the heavier soiled areas... sounds like a resonable way of going... will make things go a lot quicker also while giving good results.

working in the final bid praposal right now, hopefuly will know something sometime next week... a $9k a year job would be a nice place to be considering i've cleaned 2 houses so far... and up to this point made all of $350 doh...

the more and more i look at this the more i like the idea of commercial gigs

mark