Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
marketing materials

hi everyone, just wondering if anyone is familar with any type of marketing (squid) materials. looking for feedback whether they good, not good. do they apply to the low moisture concept. things are kinda slow here in maryland, freezing, guess not many thinking of carpet cleaning right now, so i'm itching to get busy, but not much for the whole "creative" side, thanks guys, bill y

Re: marketing materials

i hear that it's just ok... but PDQ is supposed to be FAR better...

i'm saving for a package though that includes squid... with a bunch of joe polish and Howard Partridge also... buying it from a guy who sold his biz a while back.

The colder months are always the slower months. Use the time you won't have when things get really busy to plan & begin to carry out your marketing. Going to work thru local real estate offices? Start building a list, and call the offices to obtain the name of the manager. Going to mail postcards? Develop the copy and graphics for the cards. Have them printed. Prepare address lists. Make the off-season work for you rather than against you.

PDQ is worth the money, very nice stuff. I have Vol 1 & 2 and like I said woth every dime. I also had Wayne of PDQ do my business cards. Cost more but again worth every penny.

I woulld consider doing yellow pages or yellow book. I have stoped with the post cards, I figured what I was spending each month in stamps, ink for the printer, and the cards themselves. I could take all that money and do so phone book ads.

Yellow pages for a biz card size ad for me in my area is 100 a month and yellow book for a little smaller five line ad is 55.00 a month, I went with both.

I also had an ad in our local rag for 13 weeks for 40.00 did not get one call for the 12 weeks on the last week I got a call so I did make my money on the ad and I deceided to keep it in there, the new ad reads: 3 rooms for 99.95 now I know its cheap but I need to build up some customers and I would rather do three jobs a week at 99.95 then none at all. As this is only part tiime for me now anyway, I hope that when the phone books hit I can raise prices and go full time. I figure I got a year left at my full time bull crap job.

i agree with what Joe said about pdQ...good stuff and VERY professional looking.

Joe, has the YP and YB worked for you yet? or is this your 1st year using them?

thanx --- Derek.

Derek,
First time, yellow book will be out in April and Verizon Yellow Pages will be out in July.

Either way, I am sure I will get some work out of them, like I said, 2 to three jobs a week for me at 99.95 is better then nothing at all.

I POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER BOARD:
www.vistaprint.com

I USED THEM FOR MY 9-5 JOB FOR BIZ-CARDS, POSTCARDS AND OTHER SMALL MARKETING GIVE-AWAYS. IF YOU SIGN UP THEY WILL GIVE YOU OFFERS OF FREE ITEMS AND YOU JUST PAY SHIPPING. OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO USE THERE ITEMS AND DO THE SELLING YOURSELF. YOU CAN UPLOAD YOUR OWN LOGO BUT THEN THE PRICES INCREASE.

JUST A THOUGHT...

BACK TO SHOVELING THE WHITE DEATH THAT HAS HIT.

T-Nap, are you in that upstate NY blizzard belt? You won't be dug out until the 4th of July, it looks like!
And Derek. You must be buried also.

No kidding. How much where you are Mark?

Gentlemen
One cheap way to advertise your business is to put a business cards under the wiper blades of six to ten cars in the parking lot every time you go to the grocery store
Thank you
John Arronco

Mark, we only got 24".

one town north-east of us got 12' (yes, twelve feet!!) in 1 weeks time.

that's just not right.

thanx --- Derek.

BTW, if someone put there Biz Card anywhere on my automobile i wouldn't be happy, to say the least