Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No soliciting?...

I'm seeing a few areas/neighborhoods that have no soliciting signs on them...

trying to find a definitive yes or no answer on... is it realy soliciting to put fliers in news paper boxes?... or is soliciting require full out door knocking?

any one know on this?... i'm holding off on these areas untill i know for sure... and will resort to mailers if it comes to that.

thanks
mark

Re: No soliciting?...

It's my unserstanding that they mean knocking on doors. Flyers are no more of a solicitation than sales informantion or coupons you get in the mail.
Jim England

thats how i feel but wanted to get another opionon ;-)

still got those gated communties i have to send post cards to eventualy haha

thanks jim
mark

But behind those gates are thousands of sq. ft. of carpet that the owners want to keep looking good. (Plus a lot of tile, probably, also.)
Soliciting usually is understood to mean trying to verbally engage someone in trying to sell them something.

ya i know :)... been back there many times... servpro did a lot of work in those types of areas my fav (actuly hated this job cause we used a truck mount) but if i was making the money would have been my fave...

we did just the upstairs of this house... about 800 sq/ft... downsairs tons of tile and some more carpet... those are the houses i want in :)...

thankfuly there are a lot of those types of houses NOT gated around here also (thank you beach front property)

Gentlemen
Getting flyers into houses behind those closed gates in the closed conmunties is no no problem. All you need is a street name, city and state. Go to 411.com
Then go to reverse look residential. Fill in street name, city, state. Then you will have the name, address, and phone number of everyone on that street. Then mail them a postcard or flyer about your business. Send out ten or more every day. In not very long you will have a long client base to work with as your business grows.
Thank you
John Arronco

There is a cost, of course, for this and for most other ways of getting people to read your materials. The postcard will probably cost between 5 and 10 cents each, and the cost of postage will add (I think) 33 cents. An alternative, in a town which has a lot of such pricey housing complexes, is an insert in the town's weekly newspaper. If you prepare and copy the flier, the newspaper will probably want 5 cents to insert them. Some papers may do the design
(layout) as well, and also print them for you.

ya i was planning to do the reverse adress stuff... just a matter of getting a few jobs to pay for the stamps ;-)...