Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Invoicing

Do any of you see the need to include any kind of legal language on your invoices? I don't really recall ever signing anything "legal" when I had repair people, plumbers, etc. come to my home.

Thus far I've just been using generic invoices from an office store with my stamp on them. Is this all you folks do or do I need to protect myself?

If so, any links or recommendations are appreciated.
Thanks much -Grant

Re: Invoicing

Grant, did you receive any responses for this? I am also curious. So far we've been printing invoices from Quick Books, but then our technician has to fill two of them out - one for the customer and one for us. Do most people just purchase some standard carbon or carbonless duplicate forms? I quickly priced some custom forms so that I could add some verbiage about our policies, but it was almost $1 per form! Not too anxious to fork out $500 for invoice paper right now. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Well it only took 4 months for a response...

Thanks Kevin. I finally purchased a Squid Marketing disk that had an invoice form on it and was able to make a nice looking invoice form. I took it to office depot and had the 2 page carbon forms made from it. They only charged me $60 for 250 copies. I would make it available to you to use but it's property of squid marketing...

I just buy the standard contractors' invoice forms at Staples. I keep both the short and the long forms with me, and use whichever better fits the size and complexity of the job. I have a stamp with my business name and address on it, which I stamp on each invoice. I have been doing it this way for years. Works fine. Customer gets the original. I keep the copy.