Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
working on my web page...

working on my web page... opening page is almost done... its lacking a little but i'm happy for a 1st fairly quick get it up page.

http://www.geocities.com/donalson00/index.htm

as soon as i get the kinks worked out w/ my FTP i'll have it up on my new domain...

so what do you think?

Re: working on my web page...

finaly got the FTP issues worked out... url is

http://www.thomascarpetcare.com/

side note... $1.50 a month = me very happy (includes 1 domain and
* 1 domain name
* 5 GB web space
* 500 e-mail accounts
* 250 GB traffic
will jump to $3 a month after 6 months... but even thats not bad :)

Donalson Looks good so far, I wish you would of posted this before I signed with verison a one year contract for $10.00 a month, but it is not to bad of a price, but yours is much better even after the 6 month increase.

Looks good so far very personel looking

thanks :)... the kids pics are great... digi cams are awesome when you have kids :)

i've got one other pic of cooper (my son) that i REALY want to use... his face is 1/2 covered with chocolate pudding :)

mark

worked on the "about us" section... it doesn't flow like i want though... will have to work on it a bit more... but for now i'm concentrating on just getting the rough draft finished for when i start handing out biz cards later this week

I commend you for the monumental amount of research you have done prior to OP'ing your first carpet. Website looks professional IMO. Best wishes to you!

thanks that means a lot to me... i'll note that I like the changes you've made to your web page lately :)...

... got my pads today... MUCH softer then i was expecting... only other pads i've messed with where at servpro though... high loop polishing pads I assume for a low speed buffer.

should be cleaning my 1st carpet next week w/ the HOS... 1hp mean fighting machine woot.

and it's "finished" i'll add some final touches, have a few more people proof it for me... for now its enough to get started with... I REALY need to get some pics of tile and carpet jobs... but that requires having the eqipment in hand and having done a few jobs ;-)

should be doing a few jobs next week...

now that i'm fairly satisfied with this I need to move on and get some introductory price flyers up (i REALY need some rent $$$ so running a $150 whole house special for the rest of the month, hopefuly it'll give me a few cheerleader referals to start out with...

Web page looks great, very professional. It's always a great move to include family and particularly baby pictures. Most people that will be buying your service will be women and they are turned on by baby pictures. Cue babies too.
You seem to be doing all the right things, I think you are going to be very successful.

thanks jim means a lot

... i knew taking all those pics of the kids would pay of eventualy ;-)

unfortanly I know it's still lacking in a few areas... but rome wasn't built in a day...

More details on how you got your domain name, etc. at such a good price if you have time and don't mind sharing. Thanks

goto www.1and1.com click on hosting... the base level package is PLENTY unless you are going to be doing super high bandwidth (250 GIG is HUGE)
it includes one custom domain name (you can see if it's avalible by clicking on the domain section and punching it in)... if you need a 2nd domain step up to the next level (maybe for a "personal" web page to let the fam visit and such...

it includes a semi decent web page builder... but i've never been fond of the generic builder setups...

the more and more i reserch CCing the more and more MS publisher is worth it's weight in gold

if you have publisher or know how to use frontpage, dreamweaver or any of the other "good" page builders don't use what they have as it is fairly limiting... but you can get a decent looking web page if thats all you have.

Thanks. I have destop publishing software I use to make flyers, business cards, etc. and it also has capability to create web pages with some decent looking templates built in. It's called Publisher Pro. It's an early version and cheapo software as desktop publishing goes but more than adequate for my needs right now.

I think you are going to be very successful in your carpet cleaning venture. I've come across some stains I couldn't get out (I think they were so old and set in nothing will ever get them out) but overall the cleaning ability of the Challenger will amaze you. Absolute worst case the machine will pay for itself over time in the money you save cleaning your own carpet, but you are going to be successful far beyond that. You have the dedication, drive and a good looking family for motivation, so go for it.