Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Biz Card... hows this look?

I've been working on my cards... I'll be printing them out initaly in small batches... when I have a bit more money i'll be having some different cards printed at a shop...

for starters the email will change fairly quickly as i'm not fond of using free email's on cards... but it's what i'm using at the moment... beyond that though...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
this is the design i'm working with right now...

any crotuiqes?
thanks
mark

Re: Biz Card... hows this look?

Hi Mark,

Nice card but one thing I see that stood out to me. And please dont take this wrong, the symbol on the top right side. Now I know some people are strong with their faith and thats fine. However I see some people maybe taking offence or getting turned off to it.
As the King Janitor Don Aslett once said (http://www.donaslett.com/) "keep the card and business name simple and do not offend anyone".

And Don Aslett is a very religous person but he know when to talk shop and when to talk about other subjects.

You need to leave the spirituality out of the card and the business name.

You want to get business, not let someone know your view on life.

But hey if it works for you and you feel good about it then thats all that matters.
Good luck.

thanks... i knew i'd take some heat for that... and I may loose some customers in the future for something like that but thats a cost i'm willing to take.

add to that i live in the Bible belt, a large portion of my customers will be from my church, or references from them...

i'm working on the back right now and will be posting it here soon

thanks again
mark

biz card back...

I like the overall feel but i get a feel that the "dirty carpets" section doesn't flow well... however it looks way to blank if i remove it...

Very nice back of card. I paid big buscks for my card and made the mistake of leaving the back blank.

Good point about living where you do. In that area I dont think you would have a problem with that type of symbol on the card. Now maybe in New York City you would.

Good looking card.

nice lookin card there mark. i'd rather see the christian symbol than a swastika, lol

maybe try to remove the dirty carpet deal from the back and the front of the card "owner on every job",
i'd put owner operator under yer name, and raise the font on the 10% off deal. do the 10% in red, maybe yer phone too!

just my thoughts

I agree with what Micky said about the card layout.

hmm i like it... plain... but simple

I would go with it.

Looks good.

looks good to me mark, good luck!

Mark, are you sure you want to put pet and odor services at no additional charge. With pet pee you can get into a lot of work and chems. Other wise the card looks great, one of the better cards I've seen.

thanks jim... i was thinking about that just last night (way to late)... I was reading a number of other cleaners web pages and got a bit more of a feeling of what it takes... I already know i won't offer major odor treatment (pad replacment w/ encapsulation of the sub structor)

thankfuly it's easy to work on in publisher :)
mark

If you plan on using a product such as Whamm which has a built in deodorizer and works well on dog urine you can say that you offer a free deodorizer, or possibly free pet urine treatments in cases of light to medium severity. If they call and ask just explain that cat urine often presents other challenges.

The vertical D
i
r
t
y

C
a
r
p
e
t
s
?

i
s

h
a
r
d

t
o

r
e
a
d.

very true... also add lot more space with out it for larger font :) which is why it looks like this at the moment... still need to work on the pet stain bit...

Mark, the red looks great. good luck

now thats an awesome lookin card

ok changed it up a little yet again... going to snag that domain this weekend... leaning towards the non underlined... but underlined brings the numbers out a bit more... not sure if it's to much or not...