Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
? using tuway thin ones

I do not have any exp using the Tuway syn bonetts for doing freize.

How wet do you make them, is it like using a cotton pad where you soak it then wring it out to damp or do you just spray them and go?

Thanks

Re: ? using tuway thin ones

Sotty, Joe. I don't own any of these pads.

Ok I think you were trying to type "sorry".

LOL good one

Hey Joe
I have never used the tuway pads but I do use a very thick and aggresive synthetic pad from bonnet-pro. I start with this pad dry and no gider. These type of pads do not appear as dirty as the cotton. In fact when I first tryed them I thought they were a joke. But they pick up a tone of dirt. Take one home after and soak it. You will be surpised how much dirt is in the pad. I use the bonnet pro pads for all my jobs now. I have not used cotton for a long time and I am not sure were my gliders are?
Take care
Steve S

Thanks Steve,
So you really need to lube the carpet with spray and just use a dry syn pad?

Hi Joe
That is all I do and it works great. Most of the time I use only one pad per job!(padcap) thats your call. They will pick up water as you begin to clean. Bonnetpro will make a 15" pad if you request them to better fit the challenger. They last forever! I like this pad. It saves me time because I am not changing pads as often, they have a scrubbing strip in them (I use the aggressor pad) and you clean more surface because you are not using a glider. Go home and wash 1 or 2 pads and call it a day. Bonnet pro told me that if I did not like the pads to send them back for a refund. This seems to work great for me. You just have to get use to the fact that they just dont look that dirty when you use them. Maybe a light brown or gray.
Take Care
Steve S
P.S. one thing I had my wife do was sew one line across the pad and one line from top to bottom to hold them together in the middle. Made them easier to use under the challenger.

Joe
One more thing. I have never cleaned a freize carpet. But I know no reason this pad would not work. The only thing I can think of is if a freize is that sensitive the pad I am talking about does have a scrubing strip in it. maybe one without would work better? Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Steve S

I know Derek uses the type you use all the time as well. I think the one without the strip would be better on the frezie.

Sounds good. Thanks for the help.