Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pizza Delivery... a great job while getting started...

well had some issues w/ my employer over the last few weeks and tues ended up being my offical last day... no biggie i got tired of riding 40 miles to work just to work 5 hrs and turn around and ride 40 miles home (motorcycle to save on gas)

well wed i ended up having a flat on the way to work (not good on a bike...) i babied it home and called up the shop... stayed home to try and fix it.

next day i tried to catch a ride w/ somone and that didn't happen... so instead I went to a pizza delivery shop... put in my application... had an on the spot interview, was hired and told to start the next day at 3pm (on fri) so i spent the rest of the day fixing my car (needed tires, insurance, and to put the tag back on it and a few other tidbits i have been putting off)

today i went in and 4 hrs later i walked out the door w/ $40 in cash... and used less gas then i would had I driven the 80 miles to my last job... all said between tips/gas money/hr pay i made $5 less then i would have at my last job before tax...

so whats my point?... as a veteran pizza delivery driver (i've got over 5 years under my belt from where i used to live) i made almost $15 an hr tonight... in an area i don't know that well... add to the money that it's very flexable work (example i need off a full week for christmas vacation... and thats not an issue)...

perfect for the aspiring starting out carpet cleaner which i'll soon to be...

day time i'll market and clean carpets, durring the nights i'll deliver pizza ... if i get somone who wants a carpet cleaned late in the day a weeks notice to work opens my schedule for that night.

also an advantage is driving around you'll get ot know a lot of neighborhoods you didn't know about before... i'm continouly amazed at where i find some of the "nice areas"... the more high end areas i find near my house the less i have to drive to further distances to do door hangings and such ;-)

just food for though
mark

Re: Pizza Delivery... a great job while getting started...

i know no one realy cares... but hey i do :)...

1st day in i averaged almost $15 an hr...
2nd day averaged over $19 an hr

assuming tips are good i should tide me over nicely till the CCing gig gets rolling
mark

Big oaks grow from little acorns.

There you go donalson your already making more then at you last job, now just see if you can pull some doubles or work there one shift and another pizza place a different shift and you will have your money in no time, good luck man

unfortanly the big pizza chains require you to sign something about you not working for another pizza place while working there... conflict of intrest clause...

no biggie though... just pushes me to get up on my own feet quicker...

Donalson well my part time job is a food server we make good money to think about doing food serving one shift and delivering pizzas the next shift I work twodays a week and bring home typically about 250 a week for two days and I do not work at the greatest restaurant If you could find a good restaraunt and work 5 days a week doing both jobs and just save the money you make from food serving you will have enough money to get started in about a month, My brother is a fine dinning server (need lots of experience for this) he can make 200 - 500 per day, places like TGIF make between 100-200 a day, just tring to help you get started. Plus most resaraunts are very flexible with your schedule