Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cleaning tip

A regular customer in Chestnut Hill MA (ultra high end neighborhood) called my service early on Wed (day before Thanksgiving). Message was she had become sick to her stomach - twice - in their bedroom, and there was very bad staining (Including red wine in the "mix") on the carpet. Could I please come that day. I called her back saying there was no way I could come before Friday, so we set up an 8:30 AM appointment for Friday. The carpet was really a mess, particularly in the areas of 3 "hurls". I decided to attack it by using a strong mixture of Releasit Encap Punch on the impacted areas, scrubbing it in with my stair tool and a FiberMax (grey) pad. I would spray, scrub, spray some more, scrub again, and so on until the stains disappeared, which they did, though slowly, with continued scrubbing. Then I sprayed the rest of the room with Punch mixed in the usual concentration (8 oz. per gallon of water, and padded with terrycloth pads, spending more time on the vomit areas. The additional hand-work took about 45 minutes, so I added a surcharge of $70. She and her husband were "thrilled" (her words) with the results. Since I was already there, she wanted also to this, and this, and that, with the final bill totalling around $600. It nicely filled in what had at first appeared to be a slow, post-holiday day.

Re: Cleaning tip

Thanks for sharing Mark. I didn't know Punch could do such a bang-up job on that. A question though. What type of carpet? I have noticed that some cut pile types seem to be very fragile, meaning prone to tip bloom. Situations where I would want to just keep going over and over a stain I have refrained on some of these types and instead opted for blotting without scrubbing in order to "prevent" t-b. Some cut piles though can take a gray pad no prob....

A related question: in all your years, how many (if any) carpets have you encountered that you feel shouldn't be op'd?

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Mark.
-grant

Re: Cleaning tip

Some cut piles, especially when new, will lose some fuzz in the cleaning, which fuzz ends up on top of the just-cleaned carpet. I just vacuum it up as close as possible to when I am leaving the property, to reduce the likelihood of moisture clogging up my vac. I have never decided to turn down a job fearing it would not OP well. (Is OP a verb?)