Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A few questions about Challenger OP cleaning

Hi there my name is mark & I am a carpet cleaner from the UK.
OP cleaning is new to us on this side of the pond, so new that we only have one distributor in the country.

I was hoping that those of you who are far more experienced in this method of cleaning could answer a couple of questions for me.

1} Is OP suitable for all fibre types?

2} Is OP suitable for use in the residential market or should I continue to use HWE and only use the OP on commercial work?

3} Do you think that is feasible to OP most work and just use the HWE for upholstery etc.

The reason why I am asking is that it is time to upgrade my HWE system and I either have to spend a considerable sum in upgrading to a truck mount, I am getting fed up with dragging around a portable, or switch over to an alternative, but still high quality, cleaning system.

Your thoughts would be most welcome

Regards

Mark

Re: A few questions about Challenger OP cleaning

I use only OP (Challengers) on all my jobs. Others might feel uneasy doing this, thinking that some jobs must require another method (HWE?) I even OP my upholstery jobs, using my small, lightweight OP stair tool.

Mark I am new to this not quite the expert but I have not found a fiber that I could not clean with the op challanger. Further more I beleive the op system is better that hwe. My mother put her house on the market before I started this buisness and had her carpets cleaned by a hwe(truckmount) she moved and the only people on the carpets were people looking at the house, when I got this system I went over what her carpets that had already been cleaned and she was amazed, then when I moved into my new apartment my landlord said he just had the carpets steamed cleaned, they did not look that great to me so I cleaned one half of the room and left the other half alone and went and got my landlord who was shocked. He only owns three apartments but the next time some one moves out he will be calling me.

Mark if you decide to go with an op machine let us know which method you like after you have used the op, op or hwe.

how about doing Frieze o? that new shag... we went into a house the other day (comp i work for that does HWE) and cleaned the upstairs of this house (800sqft) but they didn't want us to do the downstairs cause they'd just had the carpets installed (which was the Frieze stuff, upstairs was the Cut and Loop)

it looked like that stuff could have some tip bloom issues (i know someone mentioned this before)

donalson, I have not done a frieze o type of carpet but from what I have learned on this site it is more of a possibility to tip bloom this type of carpet if you are not carefull. This is what Grant D said "Ways I can think of to reduce the worry about TB: 1) If in doubt you can use the solid glider instead of the holy. 2) Use a product with built in lubricating agents. I believe Challenger's "orbit" products have this and I believe also the Releasit Punch has this. 3) Really make sure the Challenger doesn't sit in one place while on such as when you are untangling the cord from around your feet."

Also I believe if you by some of the synthetic pads for this carpet you will reduce the chance of tip bloom, they are less absorbent but I guess they are smoother? not sure why they do not cause tip bloom, but this is just what I have read hear at this forum.