Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
carpet protectants, consumer messages, and getting back in the door in 6 months

i've been wondering who all offers some sort of carpet protectant?... where i work (HWE) charges 1/2 the cleaning price for scotchgaurd... good money maker

2nd thing... going though a lot of the phone books and web page, there seems to be a lot of these consumer messages offered, anyone here offer one or think about offering one?

and lastly... saw this web page... pretty slick way of keeping in customers houses and making that extra $$$ i don't know the exact cost of the protectant he uses but looking at a few others they are under 1 cent sq/ft and he charges 20 cents sq/ft...

always looking for ideas before i open shop and something like this could be a nice ticket :)

mark

Re: carpet protectants, consumer messages, and getting back in the door in 6 months

Your ratio between price to clean, and protectant price, is about right. But I don't think that you will be able to buy a quality protectant and apply it at a 20 to 1 profit margin. I buy Carpet Protector from Bioforce/Envirotech. It is a very low chemical product, very close to all-natural. It runs about $45 per gallon of concentrate. The label calls for adding 2 parts water to 1 part of the concentrate. Applying at the square feet per gallon rate recommended, you cost of product will be about one-third the cost you are charging: more like 3 to 1 profit margin than 20 to 1. Name-brand products such as ScotchGard and Teflon are about the same.

Re: carpet protectants, consumer messages, and getting back in the door in 6 months

thanks i just saw one specific one and they where 100$ for 16,000 sqft is what it said...

i'll have to look into the other brands, good stuff is good