Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pet stains?

I've been reading on some other forums and it seemed some of the others felt HWE was a better way of taking care of pet stains and such.

any truth to this?... I'm realy getting excited as the time nears to me ordering my system but there are always these little things that are tossed into the back of my mind (prob one of the issues of having only used HWE)

i know HWE has a serious issue w/ pet stains wicking back so i'm expecting this to be BS but wanted to come to the experts :)

Re: Pet stains?

Purchase a spot machine, I have a cross america mytee. And I love it(I know never start a sentence with and). I also got myself a waterclaw spot lifter.

Had no need to use them yet but I am sure I will. Go to the waterclaw web site and look at the video.

It sold me.

wow that waterclaw is awesome, I work for a flood/water damage company and do that stuff all the time... pulling pad sucks...

er but anyway basicly you just use a portable machine to deal w/ the serious deep soaked in pet spots?

portabile with the water claw spot lifter hooked up to it.

Use a pet stain remover and flood the spot suck it up with water claw and porti machine, next use clean water and flood spot again and suck it up with water claw and porti.

Then you can use your challenger and do the rest of the carpet.

so just an extractor would do the trick w/ the claw yes?... no need to bother w/ a complete portable setup...

You need a good porti spotter, like I said the cross america mytee. No need for a full size extractor.

http://cross-american.com/product_info.php?products_id=36&osCsid=802352844e29f25a0f465d8da98dcba9

Donalson,

pet stains have been removed quite easily for me with my Challenger. what works best? for me, UR Out from CCS works best on pet STAINS. i'm not talking pet ODORS (which UR Out works great on for dog odors which are milder than cat). but your question wasn't about odors...as far as pet stains go, use your Challenger and use a product like UR Out which i believe has an oxygenating effect (what also has worked great for me is Dynachems Brightener which has Hydrogen Peroxide and shouldn't be used on blue's or red colored carpet as per the manufacturers recommendation for fear of color loss).

in the past 5 months i have slowly but surely become very comfortable using these type of oxygenating products...my biggest fear was color loss on a blue / red color. i just don't use it then. i'm careful on any "richly" colored carpets in fact...even green.

thanx --- Derek.

As Derek said you are talking about pet stains, many companies, ie Bridgepoint, CTI, Red Vanish from Vacaway, etc. will take pet urine stains out most of the time by just spraying them with the stain remover. If the pet has peed in the same place over and over then you may not get the stain out, because the carpet gets burned by the urine. Odor is another issue though. We sell a product called Urine Control that works great for all kinds of odor including cat, skunk and dog. It's nice because you don't have to extract it if you don't want to, or you can wait 20 or 30 minutes and extract if you want the carpet to dry quicker. You don't need to by an expensive portable unit you can use a water claw with a good shop vac and get the same results for a lot less money.

I have to concur with Derek. I used the UR Out product on two homes with Dog stains this week, today's was possibly the dirtiest carpet I've cleaned yet (50 pads in 800 sf). I counted 30 dried puddles of dog pee over the carpet. Custy wasn't looking for a guarantee that it would be eradicated, just "do what you can".

I have to say this product impressed me very much. No evidence of the dog stains remained at all, possibly the best "stain removing" product I've used yet.