Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vomit

I cleaned a house yesterday but could not get out a vomit stain. THe customer said the stain had been there for a year. I first used orbit natural, then encapped it with a stong dillution of Z bomb then tried Red vanish (stain was yellow), and paint oil grease remover and applied heat (steam) but nothing worked only lightened it up. I thought I had already put to many chemicals in that area so I gave up did not want to put to much chemicals in that area, any suggestions?

Re: Vomit

i'm no expert... but it seems being that vomit is ACID based that would cause some serious issues.

i look forward to hearing what the pros response is :)

It is acid, I mean lets face it what is in your stomache, BILE. Bile breaks down food that goes in.
If bile comes out it will stain. Your customer might of had a better shot if she called someone when it happened, or had a spotter machine on hand. If it sat for any long period of time it is now a stain. Also, I bet see tried to clean it with hot water which set the stain even more. I dont think anything can save it now except some spot dying on that area.

Thsnks Joe that is what I told her that the acid probably permanatly stained it and told her she might want to try dyeing it. Jus twondered if thier was anything else I could do for her.

Sometimes a regular customer will call you right after someone has hurled on her carpet. When dealing with something like this, it's good to keep one of the pet stain enzyme-based products on hand, and to use it liberally, since you want it to get down deep into the carpet, down to the backing. Think of the enzymes as little, live "good" bacteria who make a living out of consuming protein-based matter. The 2 brands available at most pet supply stores are Simple Solutions and Nature's Miracle.