Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dry compound or encap

what to use for residential cleaning? I will be using a CRB machine but which method do you guys fell is better for the res market. I have used host and really like the results but its not cheap. Encaping seems to be the same idea except it you have to wait for it to dry 8-24 hr before vacummming it out. Are the results much better than what you can get it the dry compound? Doing my home work before i buy this spring.

Re: dry compound or encap

I have some experience with Host, leaving it long ago to explore other low-moisture methods. I think you will much prefer using your CRB with an encap product. It is not necessary for the cleaning service professional to return to the premises to vacuum. As far as the customer (residential or commercial) is concerned, you have already done a great job cleaning their carpet. Whenever THEY next vacuum, they will vac up the crystallized soil. It is unlikely that their carpet will look any different
after the vacuuming. It ALREADY looked clean to them.
Jobs on heavily soiled carpet will look better if you follow up CRB work with an OP machine and damp cotton terrycloth pads. The scrubbing action and the cotton pads super-absorbtiveness will blot out a lot of soil, and lessen the load on the encap product to do all the work. This step will also give you a brighter looking carpet immediately in heavy soil situations.

Re: dry compound or encap

Mark said it well. I used to use the dry powders for cleaning rental properties that I owned for years, and thought it worked great, until I came across other methods. I kept the powder around for a while as a crutch, but after getting the challenger realized that this was no longer necessary.

If you start using a crb/host type machine instead of oscillating pads, you might keep the powder/sponges around, then you can use it in the heavier soiled areas where straight encap doesn't give you the results you're looking for.