Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
orginazation and money tracking

what kind of program do you guys use to keep track of cleaning dates and times?

how about for finances... I've got access to a few accounting programs and in my dads line of work can get just about anything i could want... but i don't want to wade though layers of crap i'll never need.

Re: orginazation and money tracking

I'm something of a neo-Luddite as far as appointments and record keeping are concerned. I use a spiral notebook to keep track of my appointments. I keep a copy of every invoice for every job I've ever done, going back to 1990. I have a data base of every customer, showing every job ( a summary of what work was done, and the amount of the bill). I have 2 copies of this. One is set up by customer, alphabetically by last name. The other is alphabetically by city ot town, with the customer sheets in each town alphabetically. I keep separate data bases for each of 3 categories: residential; commercial; and jobs done thru a barter exchange. At some point I realize I need to pay someone to set this all up in a computer file.

Re: orginazation and money tracking

Donalson, I just use microsoft excell and make a colum for a name, address, telephone, and date, then after I do the job I add Price Tax and distance. I have a different sheet for expense but it works about the same. Then when tax time comes I just highlight all the prices and click e total and then do the same for tax and expense.