Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
few more questions

just wondering how most of you dress when going to do carpet cleanings... not realy important as i've got a good idea what i'll ware (kaki's and a polo) but was wondering :)

and next question... what did you do before you got into carpet cleaning?... why did you start cleaning carpets? how long have you been doing it?

i'm still itchin to get started but need to get my finaces into a places that I can make the risk of a slow start :-/... maybe i need to jump back into pizza delivery while i get started.

thanks for the info again :)
mark

Re: few more questions

thats about what i wear mark, i go dark blue work pants, black shoes, white shirt as for now, def want a clean, prof. image. i'm new at this myself, was a bartender, and i got tired of other people controling my future. I like my boss now way better than the last one. best of luck, just jump in, its the only way. bill y

thanks... I'm just currently to in debt to be willing to risk it when I've got a family to support... come next spring i may try jumping in depending on what kind of finacial aid my wife gets from school...

in the mean time i'm reading as much as i can about marketing type stuff... and i'm trying to become more knowledgeable about carpets, cleaning products and such

know how you feel, just start out small, def. keep your job you can always work around that at first. we all have to crawl, then walk, then run right, me i'm still crawling, but its starting to look like its time to try walkin around. but in the meantime try to get all the little stuff out of the way, bus. licencese if you need it, cards, bank account, thats where i got bogged down right at first. bill y

I clean in the nude. Customers really like it.

Problem with that is I have no place to hang my spray bottle.

I know where you can hang it, Joe. Well, maybe, on 2nd thought, that might be a little painful. Actually, on some of the housecleaning ads on Craigslist, there are people of both sexes offering either topless or even nude house cleaning. Maybe we in c.c. should give this some thought???
Before I started my business I was a city planner. Got tired of all the night meetings, plans which ended up on the shelf, ego-driven, shortsighted city officials, and real estate developers totally unconcerned with the effects of their proposed projects on the environment. Several years as a Navy officer before that. Might have considered making it a career, but I am very prone to sea-sickness.