Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rental equipment

does anyone know if you can rent machines like the cimex, have an opp. to a larger commercial area but don't have the funds as of yet to make another equipment purchase. anyone know, thanks bill y

Re: rental equipment

where are you located?

I'm in the washington D.C. area

You might try calling janitorial supply companies in your area, but I would be surprised if any were available for rental. As an alternative, try to rent one of the larger rotary floor machines (175-RPM buffer). Then buy some fiber floor pads, such as the gorilla, or hair pads, hire on someone to spray for you (unless the machine you rent has an onboard solution tank) and go do the job. If you have never operated a buffer, they can be a little tricky, at least at first. If you don't know how to control then, at the moment of start-up, they want to hurl themselves through the nearest wall or plate glass window. Tip: have someone at the wall outlet ready to pull the plug if the machine starts to tear itself away from you.

i've used a buffer so i'm kinda familiar with them, do you think a buffer will encap just as well

by the way mark, what are "gorilla" and "hair" pads, thanks bill y

Thet are one and the same. Any janitorial supply company floor person will know what you mean. They are moderately aggressive floor pads that look like.... well, gorilla hair, which I'm sure at one time or another you've seen up close. Or buy encap pads from www.excellent-supply.com, in either the FiberPlus or FiberMax variety. FiberPlus are beige; FiberMax are grey.