Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what other services do you offer?

I work for a larger franchise company that does HWE along w/ tile and such but am looking to start out on my own w/ carpet cleaning.

I was wondering who here offeres services beyond just carpet/upoulstry cleaning? what kind of equpiment do you use? why did you choose to go further then just carpets?

I suppose I ask because i've seen 1st hand how easy it is to go into somones house that has tile and end up coming back a few days later after doing their carpets to clean their tile.

thanks for the imput
mark

Re: what other services do you offer?

My own website is www.drysdales123.com, because the intention is to highlight that we can perform THREE
services (4 if you add upholstery cleaning) for the customer, not just c.c. With just your Challenger as your primary tool, you can also offer tile & grout cleaning (and sealing) as well as wood floor recoating via one of several systems. This is not wood floor sanding, but rather conditioning and recoating existing but worn and scratched wood floor finishes. Some of the commercially available recoat systems are from Bona Mega, Basic Coatings, Varathane Renewal, Bridgepoint, as well as others.

I do some tile & grout cleaning with an inexpensive brush attachment that Challenger sells for $35. For other, smaller jobs, I use a steam vapor machine. Two of the better manufacturers are Fogacci and deLonghi, Italian companies best known as makers of expresso machines. Some carpet cleaners with experience in refinishing their own wood decks offer a service in this area. If you understand lawn maintenance needs, you might offer a service here as well. I have a friend who is a professional arborist, so if a customer needs serious tree pruning, I bring in my friend as a subcontractor. Others combine carpet cleaning with either office janitorial services of housecleaning services.

somehow I overlooked the wood floor portion

on your page you mention

"All jobs requiring polishing, honing, refinishing, or stain removal..."

the $35 kit includes the things needed to do this? (obviously would still need proper chemicals)

the price increase vs carpets sure make that a nice option to have :)

thanks again mark i look forward to getting starting... unfortanly that won't be at earliest till spring.. till then I'm reserching and reading as much as I can including a few marketing books

The $35 will buy you a brush that attaches to the Challenger's velcro-faced pad driver. To do wood floor recoating, you would want to buy a maroon pad of the type sold at suppliers to professionals in the wood floor refinishing industry.