Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sq. Ft. Pricing ?

I,d appreciate some feed back from those of you who charge by the sq. ft.

Specifically, how you communicate this on the phone to a potential customer in terms of dollars.

Most homeowners cannot relate to sq ft pricing on the phone because they have no idea of their footage but still want an idea of price before they commit.

I have been giving people a "Ballpark figure" on the phone based on the number of rooms and explain that upon arrival will give a firm price.

In reality,most folks are used to dealing with per room prices but I,m looking for a way to make sq ft pricing more tangible in order to close more sales over the phone.

Re: Sq. Ft. Pricing ?

As you build up a clientele, you will receive fewer questions like this. Someone referred by a friend or family member is much less likely to be preoccupied with price. The same with repeat customers. As you do more and more jobs, you could divide the number of rooms you have cleaned into the total earned to date, so as to come up with a room average. For those prospects who insist, you could price a job in this manner and earn your average room price.

Bill I do it the same way you do just give them a ball park figure and then tell them I can measure the rooms when i get there, or I ask them if they have a tape measure and explain to them how you get the sq ft most just wait till I get there, and like Mark said when they are reffered to you and know how good of work you do they are not as concerned with it.

Thanks for the input.