Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
demo just ok

hi all, hope all is going $well. just did a demo at a doctors office and I thought it went just ok. I went into it feeling good, it was a medium blue low pile carpet. well I did a small area and no matter what I did just could not get the traffic lane looking good enough to where I thought "hey I don't know if I'd pay for this"scrubbed, couple of pads, scrubbed somemore. anybody have any suggestions as to how a new guy can do a little better on this.

good news is that he wants me to do the office next week.

bill Y

Re: demo just ok

What chem are you using? at what dilution? and what are you scrubbing with?

Today I did a demo at a retirement home. Picked their dirtiest area in the dining room and it cleaned up real nice. There was a huge coffee stain and I told them that there's no wasy to get it all out at once (apparently they had had a resident the regularly sat in one place and dumped her cold coffee out on the carpet to go refill with hot...) but that if they had me clean their dining room somewhat regularly it would gradually fade. They watched me pull 4 pads of coffee out and I think they believed me. As they now have a distinct line in their dining room, every time they walk through they will now be reminded to call me back to do the rest of the job.

I used a fiber plus pad to scrub, and release it encap punch and was pleased with the result. I don't know how the rest of you are doing your bids but I gave them 3 different bids, one for a "one time" cleaning at a high rate, then a lower rate for quarterly cleaning, and still a lower rate for monthly.

Re: demo just ok

A traffic lane can only sometimes be returned to looking the way it did originally. 2 reasons: after much walking on, synthetic fibers lose their "memory" and aren't able to stand up straight anymore. Also, the fibers become abraded through use. Due to both of these situations, light no longer reflects in the same way from these fibers, and they look different from the less worn carpet areas.