Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Condo managers

Two of my better commercial customers are property management companies which specialize in managing condominium buildings, as opposed to rental buildings. As a result of working directly for the representatives of the people who own (rather than rent) their homes, they are held to a higher standard. Two of my condo owning customers (in two different buildings, managed by two different property management companies) saw such a distinct difference between the results my service achieved for the carpeting in their condos as opposed to the HWE-cleaned carpet in their common areas, that they both contacted the property management companies suggesting that they switch to my service. While this didn't happen immediately, within a relatively short time I was being contacted regularly by these companies whenever a condo building's common area
carpeting needed to be cleaned. Now I have all of the business from each of these two companies. Individual jobs run from just a few hundred dollars in the smaller buildings up to about $3000, for a job which takes only 2 days, one with a helper and one alone. If you have condo-owning customers whose buildings have common area carpeting, see if you can get them to do the same kind of thing that my customers did. If you don't have customers in buildings of this type, then locate these buildings in your area anyway, then go into the lobby where you should find the name and phone number of the property management company. Call and offer a demo. You have nothing to lose. And once you start working in these building's common areas, individual unit owners will come out of their doors and ask if you could clean their own carpets as well. It is what is currently being described in marketing circles as a viral spiral.

Re: Condo managers

PS to my above post: to determine whether a building in your area is a rental property or a condo, go to the city or town assessor's office and look it up by address. If it is a rental property, only one owner's name will be shown. If it is a condominium, each unit owner's name will apprear.

Re: Condo managers

PSPS. While you've got all those condo owners' names and unit numbers right there in front of you, why not copy them down, then send each one a flier, card, or whatever medium you use to attract business. Possibly the assessor's office is set up so as to be able to print out the page/s you want.