Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Procedure for Pet Urine

What's your procedure on pet urine stains? I got a call back from one I did a week ago. The "wick-back" was not major by my way of looking at things but enough that you could tell they were there.

The first time at the site I pre-sprayed all the pet urine stains with my enzyme product and allowed about 30 mins dwell time. I followed with Whamm, and encap product designed for pet type situations. The enzyme probably killed the odor problem, but could that have caused some wicking? Anybody have any better ideas?

As always, thanks for any comments.
-Grant

Re: Procedure for Pet Urine

Grant I remember reading somewhere that the amonia in the urine can cause bleaching I do not no if this is the problem or not just somthing to remember.

Grant, normally the urine stain comes out with whamm. If you got the carpet to wet you may have had a wicking effect. If you go back to the stain and spray some stain majic on it, it will probably disapperar. There are other products made to just take out the stain (urine stain removers) sold at carpet cleaning supply stores. I think stain majic works best overall.
Depending on the capet fiber and amount of urine and time on the carpet, what the pet has been eating, etc. sometimes the urine will burn the carpet and it cannot be fixed, however I find most of the time it comes out. You just need to warn your customer about the potential burn problem.

Thanks Jim. What is this Stain Magic and where can I get some?

Grant, you can get stain magic at most of the national carpet cleaning supply chains. Try www.interlinksupply.com then put in your zip code and it will take you to the closest store to you. Also try www.jondon.com and wwwMagicWandCo.com they all sell stain magic. Stain majic is made by CTI you can go directly to there website and find the closest dealer also, it is www.proschoice.com Stain magic is a two part mix so it comes in two separate bottles (A & B) that need to be mixed befor using or at time of using. So buy the dual spray bottle that mixes the product as you spray, works great. Prices are $17.99 for the two bottles and $19.75 for the double bottle sprayer, which you can just be refilled when empty.