Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sprayers that only trickle

It's always wise to have a backup sprayer with you on jobs. The standard 2-gallon pump-up sprayer may on occasion slow its spray down to just a trickle. You don't want to have to start looking for the blockage in the middle of a job, so just switch over to your backup sprayer. When you get home, try and find out what is blocking the sprayer. Release the pressure in the sprayer. Remove the nozzle, and separate the pieces. Sometimes you'll find some kind of fibers inside, blocking the flow. Pick them out or blow them out. If this doesn't get it spraying right, remove the entire hose/handle/nozzle section from the container itself. Look for clogging materials wherever pieces screw together. Maybe stuff is stuck in the thin hollow plastic tube that goes down to the bottom of the container. Empty out any remaining cleaning solution, along with any materials that may have collected at the container's bottom, and fill the sprayer with fresh water. Reassemble everything, pump up the pressure, and I'll bet the desired level of strong flow returns.

Re: Sprayers that only trickle

good call... our sprayer a few weeks ago cut out to just barley a trickle... so not only did it take forever to spray the area it also didn't dispurse evenly... granted this was a free "favor" carpet cleaning to some friends of the shop's owner.

1st thing i did when i got back to the shop was clean ou the tip... it was completly cloged w/ fuzz... i filled a sink up and removed the hose from the spray can (make sure to release all the pressure or you'll get some nice spray action going on)... let it soak in the mild soap water and then came at it w/ an air compressor... blew all the fuzz up to the tip and then w/ a needle managed to get all 4 of the little ports cleaned out and it's spraying like new now.

keep an eye out... the spray pattern changes a lot when you start getting stuff in that tip

Has anybody come across a 2 gallon sprayer that works really well and sprays well? I've noticed the "cheapo" lawn type sprayers that everybody sell usually spray solution so slowly you have to take forever to pre-spray an area. I don't know what the GPM ratings are but they seem to be slow...

grant,
check out the rocket sprayer at rocketspray.com or the electric cart sprayers at bgequip.com
also at the bg site is the electric bed bug and flea sprayer. they all cost a few bucks but well worth the money. i use the bug and flea sprayer listed under the industrial link.

if by chance, you have a small spotter like the aztec or durrmaid, you can use those as electric sprayers. the pressure line they come with work fine for pre-spraying or you can use the extracto-spray hose and wand combo thats on the bg site.
steady even pressure gives much better penetration then the hand pump sprayers plus they'll last 100 times longer.
hope this helps

Check out our battery powered electric sprayer. Which also can be connected to our new spray system. When the spray sytem is connected to a Challenger machine or a CRB machine which we are working on now, it allows you to have a tankless spray system on the machine.
About the tankless spray system. One of the problems and there several with putting a tank spray system on any machine is it adds weight and makes the machine more cumbersome to use. Getting under desks and around furniture and tight areas can be difficult. If you have to take the machine up or down stairs, or in and out of your vehicle with a tank full of solution, it makes it is much more difficult, or you will have to empty the tank. Plus you pay for a spray system which may cost $600 or more and it can only be used on that machine. Our new tankless spray system simply means the tank and pump system are not on the machine, only the spray jets and spray control are on the machine. They are quick connected to a small hose that runs along the electric cord of the machine to our battery powered electric sprayer. The hose is small and very flexable and can be quickly velcroed to the electric cord of the machine in several places so you don't have two separate lines to deal with. The hose can be quickly disconnected and a wand quick connected so you can pre- spray a small area to let it dwell or pre-spray an entire area if you wish. You can use the spray system on its own or connect it to the machine. The electric sprayer is battery powered, will spray up to 80 gallons on one charge. It has a 20 to 95 adjustable psi setting, can connect up to 200 feet of hose, but comes with 50 feet. It comes with a spray wand which quick disconnects or the hose can be quick connected to the optional spray system on our new HOS machine or we hope soon to a challenger or CRB machine. There is a 5 gallon removable solution tank and the sprayer is mounted on two wheels. We are working on this system to be able to be used on other op machines as well as on CRB machines. It sells for $349.00 most other battery powered sprayers sell for much more and without the psi or features this one has. To see it go to http://www.smart-cleaning-solutions.com/site/1426224/product/323-9369405
So if you are thinking about buying any type of electric sprayer, you may want to consider one that is more versatile than your typical sprayers.

Hi Jim. I like the versatility you reference. It has a 5 gallon tank, so I'm wondering if it's really practical for resi work, or is it more of a commercial solution? Maybe with the long hose you can just set it somewhere and leave it and walk around as needed to pre-spray... I need to get something like this, would probably save me as much as 15-20% in time between all my time pumping and how much time it takes to spray.

Hay Grant, if you look as the dementions of the sprayer you will see that it is really compact. Even though it will hold 5 gallons you don't have to put that much in it, you can just mix up one or two gallons. The long hose makes it possable to leave it in the center of the house and spray most all the rooms without having to move it, however if you feel it is easier to move from room to room you can, and you can shorten the hose if you wish. We put a 50 foot hose on so you can run it along the electric cord of another machine that has our spray system on it, or leave it in one place and pre-spray a large area without having to move it. The handle can be slid down making it only 20 inch tall, so it will fit in almost any vehicle. It was designed for home or commmercial use. We don't know of any other spray for this type of work that has the ability to spray at 95 psi and can be adjusted down to 20 psi.
With the higher psi you can really move fast, saving you a lot of time. It comes with a fan jet spray tip.
Jim England smart-cleaning-solutions