Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pricing tile and grout

How much should I charge to clean tile and grout? I have the tile and grout brush, and I just ordered a dry vapor machine but I do not know how much to charge to clean tile and grout. There is a restaraunt that hires a company to clean there tile floors every night if I go after this acount how much of a discount should I give them for the consecutive buissness? ANy suggestions on regular price and a continuel buisness price?

Re: pricing tile and grout

There is always going to be a difference between what you charge for residential jobs (usually smaller) and commercial jobs (usually larger). Also, the standards of appearance are usually going to be higher for residential work than for work on commercial floors, where they may simply want the oily soil removed from the floor, and aren't going to be all that fussy about how the grout lines look. But you have to ask in order to find out what the customer's expectations are in each case, and price the job accordingly.

On residential jobs, I am more likely to use my steam vapor machine, in order to return the grout as closely as possible to its original shade or color. I'll charge between .75 and 1.25 per sq. ft., depending upon the size of the job. That's for the cleaning part. To seal, I charge .50/s.f. for a single application of sealer, and .75 to 1.00/s.f. for doing a second application after the first has been absorbed into the grout lines. For commercial jobs, which I usually do with my Challenger and tile & grout brush, I will charge in the range of from half to two-thirds of my rates for residential work.