Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mark need your advise.

Cimex or Brute 17" which do you like?

Thinking of getting one.

Joe M

Re: Mark need your advise.

My "Big Bertha" for my largest size commercial jobs, is my Cimex 24" model. Just below this in productivity is my Orbitec CX-20, which is comparable to the Cimex 19", the most popular model. (I believe the CX-20 is the same machine as the Brute). But Challenger-meister Lee Watson is in the late stages of developing a 21" version of the Challenger, complete with onboard spray tank. So that will offer you an additional choice for doing the big jobs.

I can't wait to see a pic of the 21" Challenger.

Speaking of the Brute or the similar Orbitec machine. Another forum has a lot of talk about there being different rates of oscillation with different OP machines. I'm not sure what to make of this or if it's really just an operator preference type of thing. If the Orbitec is the same machine it may then have the higher rate of oscillation? If anyone has used both have you noticed a significant difference in vibration? cleaning speed? Just wondering. Thx.

When I began to look into adding the Orbitec line to the Challenger, I remember asking Clark Lancaster (owner of Orbitec) as to whether these were the same machines, which I had heard they were. He told me they were. I didn't take the conversation further as to the speed & size of orbit claims being made by CCS, which sells it as the Brute. But if Clark answered my initial question factually, they are one and the same.

It is a very smooth-running and fast machine. The rear wheels being on the floor while the machine is in the operating mode I believe is the main reason for this. Lee Watson at Challenger tells me he has been finding the same thing in his prototype for his 21" machine. Really smooth handling. And of course, it is fast, which it should be given its larger pad driver diameter along with its 3-gallon onboard tank & sprayer.

Mark,
Any idea when Lee's new machine will be ready?

Visitors to this Forum will be the first to know.