Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mark

Where could I go to get your European-made, high temperature (c. 280 degrees F.) controlled steam machine, and how much do you charge if you use this on carpets, how much do you charge for apullstry?

Re: Mark

There are numerous steam vapor machines out there, available over the internet. I currently own a deLonghi. It cost about $300 a couple of years ago. For several years I owned a Fogacci, which I paid around $1200 for. The deLonghi at 1/4 of the price does about everything the Fogacci did, and the attachments are comparable. Take a look at www.vaporpros.com. It sells several Fogacci models. Tell Charlie Yama****a I sent you.
I use steam vapor as a grout & tile cleaning tool, on kitchen-size jobs, or kitchen/1/2 bath/hallway. I also use it with a few of my very health-conscious customers, or those with dust mite allergies, to de-allergenize some or all of the carpets in their house.
These machines don't really clean carpeting, although they might be useful in attacking certain types of stains. I also use it on many types of upholstery, although at just under 300 degrees Fahrenheir, it can harm some fabrics. The heat can also outgas (some say offgas) the chemicals and chemical smell in new carpet, although this is a very inexact science. Some people are bothered by the offgassing chemicals from new carpet, and look for a way to rapidly remove them.

Mark do you charge extra if you use this on a coustomers carpets? If you use this on there carpets, because it is true steam I imagine the carpets do not get very wet and will still dry fast, am I correct?

Mark the web site you sent me to calls it dry vapor so I guess that answers my question.

I have found that to do the de-allergenizing step with a steam vapor machine takes more or less the same amount of time as to clean a carpet via OP, so I charge the same sq. ft. rate.