Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mark Dullea

Mark or anyone what is the best wat to clean furniture, I have recieved a few calls about furniture, but I turned them down because I was not sure if I could do a great job or not I want to be the best so I would rather turn down a job right now then have a bad rep for the future, word of mouth is the best advertizement and bad news spreads faster and further then good news, so I need to know the best way to clean furniture so I can offer it to my costomures

Re: Mark Dullea

Hi Jon.

An excellent Low Moisture way to clean Upholstery is a product called Encap Ds supplied by www.excellent-supply.com. You can apply this product by spraying the piece of furniture, and using some form of agitation. Some use a sponge, horse hair brush or a fiber-plus pad with an attachment that works with a power drill again supplied at www.excellent-supply.com. After the piece has been scrubbed then you just simply towel it off and that’s all there is too it. There are many different methods, but with this one I believe that it will save you a great deal of time.

Brian

Re: Mark Dullea

Always dry-vacuum an entire piece before applying any kind of moisture. Make sure you get out any junk that has become "lost" down into the crevices. Depending upon the type of fabric, I may or may not spray my cleaning product (chemical, natural, or encapsulant) onto all surfaces, wetting them through. With some pieces that are not much more than lightly soiled, I'll use my cleaning solution wrung through the small terrycloth pads that I provide with the stair cleaning tool. I'll then work the orbital stair tool/damp pad combination over the surfaces, spending proportionately more time where there is more visible soil. Rinse the pad of accumulated soil, wring through cleaning solution again, & continue. You usually need to spend very little time on the back and on the sides beneath the arms. Before starting a piece of furniture, I fill and heat up my steam vapor machine which may prove useful in removing stains and dried encrusted soil, food, etc. But I have to be careful with this tool as its circa 290 degrees of live steam could cause harm to the fabric.