Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
can i burnish floors with challager

hi everyone, ?, can i burnish floors with the challager, anyone have any experience they could share

Re: can i burnish floors with challager

I dont think you can build up enough speed with the Challenger. You need about 1500 rpms to really burn.

You can do some scrubbing and small stripping jobs with it.

Maybe Mark can add to this.

Re: can i burnish floors with challager

First of all, when you say "wood floors" what exactly do you mean. Are you referring to wood floors with a polyurethane finish? You really can't shine urethane, to my knowledge. It is what it is. When it has become dulled out, your choices are to slightly abraid the finish, then add one or two additional coats of urethane, acrylic, or a blend of the two, OR, you can sand the floors and apply new coats of finish. You can't buff up a urethane finish into a high shine the way you can with a wax (paste wax) finish. My understanding of floor burnishing is that it is done to VCT floors with a machine much heavier than a Challenger, with rotary movement of about 2000 RPM. Could an OP machine, with weights added to it to bring it up to the pounds per sq. ft. of pressure equal to a burnisher, with the OP's 1750 ORBITAL RPM, produce the same level of results?
Good question. Maybe someone at the bulletin board at
www.icsmag.com could shed some light on this.