Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Good Problem

hi everyone.

just ordered my package from Mark,(thanks for your time Mark) and am excited to get started.
this is my "problem". I have 3 potential jobs lined up, a resturant, a church, and a liquor store (maybe I should barter, just kidding).
since i don't really know what to say to them just yet should I kind of fake it, should I try to get them to wait a while or what. I know kind of dumb questions but I don't want to lose business that I may be getting.
just a ? from a "real new" guy. any kind of help is appreciated.
thanks Bill

Re: A Good Problem

Holy smokes. Wish I had your kind of "problems". Maybe you'd consider flying to the great northwest to do some marketing for me?? How did you get these jobs? Were you pursuing them before you got your package or did they fall into your lap?

As far as being nervous with the Challenger, I did a job the day after mine arrived and the customer was astounded, so it can be done. Go get a carpet remnant or something to practice on, your house or a friends house, but it really only takes 10-15 mins to get into the groove of using it.

As Grant points out, there really is a very short learning curve, at least as far as the basics are concerned. When you receive my package, read the part on the staging of jobs. When you receive the Challenger package, play the video/DVD a few times over. Do you have carpeting at home to practice on?
How about a friend or neighbor? Liquor stores can be tough. Heavy traffic, pounding down the carpet pile, and probably infrequent cleanings. Use the scrub pad contained in my package. Go to Rick Gelinas's site -
www.excellent-supply.com, and buy some of the 15" size of his FibrePlus and FibreMax pads. These wear out fast, but may "scour" a heavily soiled commercial carpet better than the green-striped scrubber pad I send out. Going to encap that job? If you are using a typical 2-gallon pump-up sprayer, you may experience slow spraying if you use excellent-supply's Releasit. I think it is the foam that clogs the nozzle. Instead use Encap Punch. No foam.

Thanks Grant, I feel better after reading your reply. All from word of mouth, just have been telling everyone that i'm getting into the business, but fortunatly for me I know lotsa people in my area, I've been a bartender for the last ten years or so. I also know alot of real estate people that I havent even started to contact, but I think thats a great area to hit, even if you don't know to many of them. Try getting to get one of them to get you a daily or weekly report of the new listings in your area and contact those people. Real estate offices have weekly or monthly meetings, ask the manager if you can talk for a few minutes at their next meeting, bring a box of donuts, maybe give a small demo, thats what i'm going to do, let you know how it goes.

Mark, yep, from everything i've been reading, def. want to try to encap, but I just don't know much about it, any info I can get about it would be great ,def seems like the way to go on commercial jobs.

p.s. you guys are all great, thanks for all the help and encoragement, you guys really give me confidence that this is going to really be a great experience. thanks all