Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tip Bloom

What is Tip bloom, I saw on www.vac-away.com they sell synthetic pads and advertise they are better then the green stripe pad because they due not cause tip bloom what is this and is it true?

Re: Tip Bloom

Tip bloom is carpet damage where the carpet machine unwinds or frays out the carpet fibers. It seems to occur slowly over time in the higher traffic areas due to normal wear and tear, accelerated by infrequent vacuuming. I'm no expert, but a few types of carpeting seem to be more prone to it, basically the ones with spread out, long individual wound fibers such as a frieze or shag. However, I've seen others that seem prone to it too, some cheap cut-piles have the fibers spread pretty far apart, I think some of the cheaper home depot/lowe's type carpets.

Ways I can think of to reduce the worry about TB: 1) If in doubt you can use the solid glider instead of the holy. 2) Use a product with built in lubricating agents. I believe Challenger's "orbit" products have this and I believe also the Releasit Punch has this. 3) Really make sure the Challenger doesn't sit in one place while on such as when you are untangling the cord from around your feet.

Just my thoughts...

Re: Tip Bloom

Jon, those are called Tuway Thinones. they can be bought by many ppl. i prefer to get them from Jim at Summit Distribution : 888-292-9998 for the best price.

they are what i use if i am nervous of T.B., and i only get nervous of T.B. on Frieze's (the new "shag" looking style of carpet). i rarely use a Glider myself. i like full pad contact.

thanx --- Derek.