Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buckling carpets

I did a job today and the guys carpets buckled (made waves, It was tacked down carpet with a thick mat). I told him I would pay for it to be restreached and tacked back down but he refused to take my money and still payed me for my job, wierd huh, I would not of payed me. He said that the carpets were only three months old. I do not think it was my fault, but might of been. The reason I do not think it was my fault is because it was a very large room and only one side bukled right down the center and one half of the room, the other half looked fine noproblems. Has this ever happened to any one else, do you think it was my fault, if so what should I do if this ever happens again and what can I do to prevent this from happening?

Re: Buckling carpets

I have experienced a certain temporary waviness occasionally in large commercial situations, such as a hotel's grand ballroom (some are 5000 - 7500 sq. ft. in area) The waviness has usually occurred when I have been using a method that can result in putting down more cleaning solution than usual, such as with a Cimex, or a Von Schrader dry-foam machine. The waves have always subsided within a day or two.
Sounds as if your situation was caused more by poor installation than by your cleaning. Permanent waves sometimes result from an HWE cleaning where too much liquid has been injected into the carpet combined with insufficient extraction. I have a country club customer who once had this happen in a huge dining room. They have never gone back to HWE after this experience, which cost them thousands of $$$$.

Thanks Mark, I do not think it was my fault, but wanted some advice, should I call him and tell him it might only be temporarly there or should I just let him be?

Off of the subject does the Cimax work much different then the challenger? I went to Excellent supplies but could not get past the home page.

I just got a call from the guy and he said he has a friend that has some knee things and it streached the carpets back out, Know he loves the job and wants me to send him some fliers to give out, he was so worried about what his wife was going to think but she loved it, she even has a friend who is a steam cleaner but says that she will use me again. Sorry If you all are not Christian but thank God.

I had one berber living room where when I started there was a small bubble going across the room. When I finished it was a very large bubble. The customer was amazed that all the stains were gone, but also said "that will go away, right???". I told him that gravity would likely take it back to what the bubble looked like before within a day or two. I asked him to call me if it didn't and he never called so I presume it was fine. It did scare me a bit though.