Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Larger Pad Drivers...

Mark or anybody, just wondering if anybody has successfully experimented with putting a larger pad driver on a challenger to get an extra couple of inches of cleaning width. I seem to remember seeing in past posts somebody said that a larger driver could be put on a Challenger. If so I would welcome details... If this can be done, is it easy to switch back and forth, say use the normal one for resi work and a larger one for commercial?

Thanks! -Grant

Re: Larger Pad Drivers...

I bought my first Challenger from Kirk Jenkins, who designed the Challenger and set up the company. He sold the company to Lee Watson a few years later.

Kirk made me up a couple of 17" diameter pad drivers of the same design as the standard one. I had a local metal shop remove the Challenger "bumper" so that the larger pad driver would fit. I was disappointed in the performance. It was not smooth. There was a lot of vibration, both with cotton pads and the green-striped scrubber pad. I still have them, and have been meaning to try one of them with FibrePlus pads. If/when I do, I will report here how it went.