Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Challenger & Whamm

I clean a carpet about every 3 months for a bed ridden man that has two dogs. The carpet gets pretty soiled, and the smell hits you as you walk in.This last time I used the Whamm product and the Challenger encap brush. When I finished brushing, I went over the carpet again w/ a dry pad. The best results yet w/ the least time. Before I left I lightly spray the whole room w/ the Whamm to help further fight the malodor.So far for pet odor or stains I find this product the best. That being said what all natural product can be used in this situation?

Re: Challenger & Whamm

I like Oban (www.obanmarketing.com). When pet urine has descended into the base of the carpet over a wide area, it's time to replace the carpet.

I like the whamm also for pet smell and general smelly carpets; however, for pet urine thats a little deeper than just a simple accident or for cat urine, we like Urine Control. Just spray it very heavy on the carpet area twice as large as the urine area and leave it. No need to extract, works great. We then clean the whole carpet with whamm. Mark is right though once a carpet has gotten really soaked with urine in large areas it's time to replace pad, carpet, and maybe seal the floor.

Have you found Whamm effective at removing yellow urine stains? I have a white burber carpet job this weekend and I'm concerned about removing the yellow cat stains? At this point I have either Whamm or Outsolve on hand select from. Your advice and experience is appreciated.

in reference to Lou's comment:
i don't have the Encap brush but i do have the yellow T&G brush. has anyone ever ran this over a carpet before? i'm thinking a TRASHED resi or CGD (comm glue down).

Jim: you have a link to Urine Control?

thanx --- Derek

Hi Derek, here is the website www.myodorcontrol.com then scroll down a little to the box then in the box scroll down to and click on other odor control products and urine decontaminant and odor control.
By the way we use the T-2 also and it works.

I'm pleased to say that Wham did take all yellow stains out of the carpet and the customer was VERY pleased. It's funny but I was worried about performance on this job because the carpet was basically clean. I figured these people must be ultra fussy and that it might be difficult to please them. I found a Hoover di it yourself carpet scrubber in their basement. HA HA I laugh because that explains why the carpet wasn't too dirty in most places however the challenger encap pad (green Stripe) lifted up the matted down berber and the cotton pads stripped the dirt and yellow cat stains away. I also used ample Oban for the odor. I haven't used Releasit products yet but with the Wham I don't have a reason to switch so far. I do like the advertised Soileaze protectant properties that the Releasit products advertise but somebody tell me if it cleans well. Thanks for sharing your experience!

"...somebody tell me if it cleans well."

the Releasit line of products works excellent. for OP'ing, try Releasit Punch.

thanx --- Derek.

Hay Derek, I find Whamm cleans as good if not better than the other encap cleaners and has the extra benifit of deodorizing, sanitizing,and removing the pet urines stains and mild odor, which saves time and money. If you run into a really nasty carpet you can boost the cleaning ability by adding 3 oz to gallon of Z-bomb to the mixed whamm. I haven't found any encap cleaner that cleans as well overall, however it is a little more expensive to use, but not much. On severe pet urine problems you will still have to use other methods or chemicals.

Is Whamm a true encapsulating cleaner, or is it more like Cobb Supply's Dynachem?

Yes whamm is an encapsulating cleaner, that can be left in the carpet for post vacuuming or can be pad, bonnet or hwp extracted.