Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bizarre Happenning Today...

So this morning I get a call, guy wants two rooms, but says he needs it done today. Did not ask about method, but did ask how long to dry. When I said one hour, he said "sold."

Well I've cleared out my schedule b/c my wife is now a week overdue... (this is killing my business by the way!) so I said, well I can do it right now, otherwise I'm booked until Friday.

So I pack up and head over there. Upon arrival the guy is standing there and says "hey, where's the truck mount". I said that my machine doesn't require a truck mount, that I use about 95% less water, and that's why it dries so fast. He says no way, that machine can't do a good job. I assured him that it would yield great results and, in fact, if it didn't I told him he didn't have to pay me. He apologized and told me no thanks, my machine "isn't big enough to get the job done"...

Bizarre. But I wasn't going to beg any longer to this guy who was basically insulting my me, my business model, method of cleaning, etc. So I left...

Re: Bizarre Happenning Today...

bizarre is being kind. you should have explained your $35.00 service charge for his last minute cancelling and your time, gas, etc...

guaranteed he didn't get his carpets cleaned today. if he did, it was probably by some hack who had no jobs booked and it no doubt took 12-36 hours to dry.

just a guess --- Derek.

Grant,

Congradulations on your becomming a father! The waiting will be over bofore you know it so hang in there. Sorry to hear of your experience however let it go. Some people would still believe the earth is flat if there wasn't a book somewhere telling them differently.

Yeah, I doubt they've gotten them cleaned yet. What's odd is he hinted that he wasn't happy with traditional steam due to the long drying time, and yet he balked at the vlm method... I don't know what he's looking for...

No baby yet... still waiting after another false alarm last night.