Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hard Carpet

I encaped my carpet and after it dried, I noticed that the carpet felt hard and stiff. What do you think I did wrong. I pre-sprayed with releasit encap-punch and then used the encap brush that I ordered for my challenger. After it dried, I just vacuumed.

So I decided to try another way. I encaped another part of my house and used cotton pads. Again, same thing. Is this something only used for commercial buildings. I have read on other forums where some CCs also use encap for residential. Am I misunderstanding what I'm reading. I am kind of slow!

Re: Hard Carpet

what ratio did you mix the Punch at?

did you wait for the carpet to COMPLETELY dry before post-vac'ing?

thanx --- Derek

I believe Releasit encap products are supposed to be allowed to both dry AS WELL AS CURE. According to Rick G, it takes 24 hours to cure. Possibly that was the reason for the results you got. Vacuuming is supposed to occur 24 hours or more after cleaning with Releasit products.

Oh! I did'nt know I had to wait 24 hrs for it to cure. And the ratio was 4 ounces to 1 gallon.

ratio sounds good albeit a little weak. Punch is supposed to be mixed at 8oz per gallon isn't it???

i am GUESSING it wasn't allowed to dry enough then. i will be cleaning my carpets next week, i have so many solutions i am not sure which i am going to use yet lol. if i use Punch i will see how it feels the next day. i have a little bit of cat urine odor that remains in our home from 3 years ago. if i use Punch i'll be sure to add 40 drops of pure TeaTree oil per gallon of RTU Punch to help kill the odor.

thanx --- Derek

Derek,
Shoot me your phone #
I want to talk to you and give me a good time to call ya.

Thanks
Joe M

jtmellon@comcast.net