Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
thanks every one for all the info, but I have a ?

Hey everyone I am new to this, waiting on my package,
I have been reading threw the form, lots of good info thanks. I still have some questions but I am going to hold out on them untill I get my trainig manuel because they might be covered in that and I do not want to waist yalls time you all have been very helpful to me and I havnt even asked a question yet just read the forum, all of you make me more comfortable with my decision, glad I didnt go with a traditional steam cleaner.
hear is my Question
This is a super absorbent carpet bonnet. It is able to clean a large amount of carpet before it becomes saturated. This is very important with the bonnet method because a saturated bonnet is unable to clean, instead it will just move the dirt around
$25.00
I found this at the following web site does any one recommend this
http://www.naturellclean.com/products.htm

Re: thanks every one for all the info, but I have a ?

Those bonnets are for the standard rotary floor machines. With OP machine you will be using some type of pad. either an all cotton/cotton blend or a flat scrub type of pad. There is also a green striped flat synthetic bonnet that some use with the OP for prescrubbing or encaping.

Good Luck in your new business.

The all-cotton pads, such as the ones provided with the Challenger, are the most absorbent. They also wear out the fastest, although you should get somewhere in the range of 50 - 75 uses & washings out of each before they reach the worn-out stage. Pads, or bonnets, made of all-synthetic fibers, will last the longest, but not absorb a lot of soil. The green-striped bonnet you will receive with the package from me will contain one of these, to be used primarily as a pre-scrub pad, or to scrub in an encapsulating cleaning product. There are also some good "hybrid" pads, made mostly of cotton (for soil absorbtion) but also containing 15 - 20% synthetic threads (for strength).

I bought one of those pads like the one on the naturell site. They don't work well at all on the Challenger, too much vibration. Just use the standard pads such as the ones that come with your package. Though occasionally you will have a situation that will use more than 20 so getting some more will be a worthwhile investment.

I'm getting far less than the 50-75 uses on my pads. I've been getting more like 20-40 with the standard pads that come with the Challenger. Some of them develop holes after a few uses that start to rapidly grow. I think the pads that www.argoco.com sell will last much longer, but I haven't tried them yet.

Thanks for the advice

You are probably right about the Challenger pads. They are a little on the thin side. I am currently using both 2-sided Argo pads, along with a supply of
heavy-duty single-ply cotton pads that I bought from Orbitec.

Is there a link where you find the orbitec bonnets? I googled "orbitec" and an aerospace company came up... Thanks Mark (as always).

www.orbitec2.com. Due to an interest in orbital machines larger than currently offered by Challenger, I also have recently begun to represent the Orbitec line of equipment & supplies. If you place an order there, I would appreciate it if you would mention my name.

i believe Challenger Pad Systems is now selling different (better) pads than they did when i bought my Challenger (last summer). is this true??

thanx --- D.

BTW, Mark : are Orbitec pads aka CCS pads or are they different?

Derek, I have never bought pads from CCS. The Orbitec ones are 19" in diameter, and just seem to be thicker and longer wearing than other 1-ply pads I have used.