Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amount of cleaner per sq ft.

What are your experiences as to how much cleaning solution you spray per sq. ft.

I know it will very by the type of carpet,and how soiled it is.

I did a very small job yesterday 325sq ft and used about 2 gals of pre-mixed Naturell from my sprayer.
Seemd like alot of solution to me, but my point of reference is very limited still.

The basement was a glue down carpet and a bedroom was berber.

This was my first berber job and I really noticed the Challenger wanted to track pretty hard. Was using the holey glider. Do you people generally switch to the solid gliders (thick or thin) when this happens?

Best to all
Bill

Re: Amount of cleaner per sq ft.

I would guess that average use is 300-400 sq ft per gal. Heavily soiled would be less. I have not used Naturell yet. I go to a solid glider for berber. I might go back to the holey on a bad walk way, but generally don't need to. No use fighting the machine all over the room.

I've had a couple of berbers where the holy didn't track too hard, but have generally switched to the solid for berber and glue down. When it tracks it gets rough on the body as well as the pads.

For heavy soiling I don't worry about how much I use, because if the stains don't want to come out I have to use a bunch of stain remover, which gets expensive depending on what I'm using.

I was surprised this morning when a kool-aid stain came up with the naturell cleaner, no stain remover or anything.

Using 2 gallons over 325 s.f. seems like a lot of cleaner to me. By my way of working that would be getting the carpet too wet.

On heavily soiled commercial carpeting, you might want to try using the fiber pads sold at excellent-supply, intended for encapping. They have the standard FiberPlus pads (beige) as well as the more aggressive FiberPlus-Max pads (grey). They seem to be more aggressive than the green-stripe scrubbing pads that I've been supplying with the Drysdale's/Challenger package. You can either use them for straight encapping ("scrub & run") or while padcapping, finishing up with terrycloth pads. Both the beige and the grey are available in 15" diameter sizes, which are a good size for the Challenger.

Hi Mark, I just ordered the 17" size for those pads. What do you think of that size vs. the 15"?

Either the 15" or the 17" should be fine. I don't think much happens out beyond the actual diameter of the pad driver, since that's where the pressure is from the weight of the machine.

Barry and the rest, i suggest trying synthetic on CGD instead of cotton. try a brown-striped ThinOne instead of the gree-striped. BIG difference. give it a shot on berber as well.

email me if you're looking for a distrib...i ain't one but know one.

thanx --- D.