Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time Off

I have a problem coming up sometime in the next 3 weeks... or I guess more specifically it can be called a "bundle of joy"... My wife and I are expecting our first baby, and I find myself spending a lot of time thinking about how to deal with the business end of things during the birth, and next few days after. Were it as easy as scheduling off on the due date, and 2 extra days that would be easy, but there's only a small chance of that happenning.

I worry about having to run out the door while halfway through with somebody's home, as well as what would be the proper etiquette if such a situation were to happen? No charge for what work was completed? Large discount after rescheduling to come back and finish?

If anybody has some experience in keeping their CC biz going during an unplanned absence it would be appreciated. Also, would one want to mention such a possibility to customers (given that they might just hang up and call somebody else) up front?

Thanks. -Grant

Re: Time Off

I would tell them that your booked up for the week,If they can wait I will give you 10% off.I just got back from disney world and did same thing lost maybe two jobs.

I wouldn't worry about having to leave during a job. It's not like you're in the middle of surgery of something. You certainly might want to alert customers seeking your services during that specific stretch of days that such a possibility exists. I doubt that they would go to someone else. Most people are happy to help out as best they can in situations of great human drama. Many of your women customers can especially relate to matters surrounding the birth of a child, and will be more likely to commend you for wanting to be so involved.
You can give them (up front) the option of scheduling during another period, or having you have to leave with a job left only partially completed. Just being part of this experience with you will kind of "bond" you to them. Chances are, many of these customers who know of this big upcoming event will continue to ask you on later visits to their homes: "How is your wife/son/daughter?"

Thanks for the suggestions.

Best of luck for a successful delivery.