Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Filthy Restaurant Carpet

A manager of an Italian Restaurant where I dine at had their carpet cleaned two weeks ago but they still looked filthy. He said it looked good for about a day after cleaning then many of the spots came back. Typical HWE wicking huh? I bid the job, gained his confidence and got it! My main concern is what will my white cotton pads look like after I finish this job? Will they and my green stripe scrubber be permanetly stained with red sauce? Would you recommend Encap or Outsolve in this situation? I have a bottle of WHAM and will use red stain spot remover wherever needed. I'm excited about this job because they usually have carpet cleaning done every three months. I'm curious if i'm in for costly replacement of filthy pads after each job however. Advice please.

Re: Filthy Restaurant Carpet

Congrats on the job/opportunity! That's a great chance to get a repeat customer.

I think I saw a post a while back where somebody said he keeps a second bucket with a little bit of laundry detergent in some water and then puts the pads in there when they come off the Challenger. That way they never get dry and probably wash out better. Of course if all else fails you could use a bit of bleach, or soak them in a bucket of oxyclean powder overnight...

Does soaking pads in Oxy Clean really work? I'd like to hear experiences from more of you about presoak solutions which keep your pads lilly white after subjecting them to something like tomato sauce spills from an Italian Restaurant. One solution which comes to mind is to market strictly to residential homes and avoid restaurants altogether. Hmmm Your experiences and solutions are welcome.

Most people in this business don't go out of their way to market to restaurants. Most wait too long; and want the best results for the least cost, to a greater extent than most customers. It's not the tomato sause. It's all of the cooking oil that loads up the carpet with heavy soil from foot traffic. I've never found a way to keep cotton pads from acquiring a certain gray look as time goes by. The tip to put the just-used pads into a bucket with a bleach-type product, or a citrus, oil-cutting product, might help them to wash out better.

I NEVER use chlorine bleach on my pads.Right after use,I put them in a bucket of hot water. (No extra cleaner)and let them soak and release most of the dirt into the water.After a day,I drain off the yucky water,then put them in the washer with a combination of Powdered Peroxide,and ZOOM,(both from SteamPros),and do a combo of soaking,and rinsing till they are clean. I Never use detergents(makes pads stiff),or bleach(Can reactivate with heat).Plus,I can dry them to a slightly damp condition with no destructive results.

P.S.Never use dryer sheets or fabric softener on pads,it tends to seal the fibers,and they don't absorb as well.

Remember,peroxide eats organic stuff(protein)in the carpet,and pads,and rinses out good.