Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for you Vets

Hi Guys, just have a question about how to use the Challenger/product in a certain situation. On Saturday I did this lady's house. Turned out quite well and she was very pleased. So pleased in fact, that when I was done she had me follow her next door, to a home she also owns and uses as her office. In her office the carpet is very old, and it is your typical low loop, hard surface office carpeting. She is going to sell both houses and after seeing how much better her "home" looked she thought it would be worth the investment for her "office" too, even though she is pretty sure whoever buys the home will have it re-carpeted anyhow.

I'm wondering if you approach this type of very dirty, office type carpeting differently, as I seem to have a lot of trouble getting the normal results. I used the outsolv at 6 oz/gallon, and pre-scrubbed the worst areas with the green striped pad. I pulled out 22 pads worth of dirt in about a 1300 sf area, which is a lot, however the darker, seemingly stained areas wouldn't budge, making the visual outcome less than the normal "wow". Used the holy glider.

Am I doing this right? Or does encap just work better with this type of carpet?

Re: Question for you Vets

I would suggest getting ahold of a few of the excellent-supply fiberplus pads, including a few of the fiber "MAX" version (it is grey, and is more aggressive than the beige standard Fiberplus pads.)
You will find both of them to be more aggressive than the green-striped scrubbing pad.

I recently did a demo for the property management company for a large Boston condominium building. I intentionally selected the basement level hallway, as they had told me is was so soiled and marked up that they were going to replace it. I sprayed a natural
(non-encap) product on it somewhat more heavily than I normally would; plowed thru it with the "MAX" fiber pad; then finished up with a damp cotton pad. Between the scrubbing with the grey pad, and the blotting up with the cotton pad, they hallway ended up looking as good, if not better, than the hallway on the top floor (least walked on). I think I've gotten a new commercial customer (the property management company).

definitely Encap it. buy some Releasit Encap Clean.

good fortune --- Derek.

On really soiled carpet I find the precrub with the fiberplus pads, followed with wetter then normal pads followed by dry or damp pads will give results, if the carpet is not worn out.

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. I'm ordering some fiber plus and fiber max pads. More tools in the belt.

I have 2 jobs tomorrow, then 2 more Friday... Then none scheduled for a while. Is July 4th weekend typically a very slow weekend?... or maybe that's a stupid question since everybody will be on vacation, duh.