Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How wet should a cotton pad be?

The say the only stupid question is one not asked, so here goes. How much should a cotton pad be squeezed out coming from the soak bucket? I've read that too wet is better than too dry but I feel I'm leaving carpets slightly too wet by not getting enough water out when I start. I give each pad a quick half twist. They aren't dripping but are still pretty wet.

Also, anyone using Naturell - their website doesn't mention a wet pad. The bonnet they sell is not all cotton but no mention is made of wetting it. Should I assume we still use a wet pad?

Re: How wet should a cotton pad be?

I usually squeeze "some" of the water out of the pads for normal work. I don't quite know how to describe "some". It's not a real tight squeeze. But it doesn't leave the pad dripping either. There are situations where I use dry pads (cotton) but to assure sufficient lubrication I spray on a higher volume of cleaner than I would with damp pads.

I had that same question a while back... I started doing the following: When the carpet is really really dirty I start with a couple of pads on the wet to very wet side, but then will try to end with a pad or two that are wrung out as much as I can in order to lessen it a bit. If the carpet doesn't look too bad I wring it out just a bit more than it sounds like you are doing. I'm getting about 1-2 hour dry times (until the recent heat wave anyhow).

Also, those pads that naturell recommends don't work for squat with the Challenger (unless I'm doing something wrong). I bought one and tried it and it caused the machine to vibrate significantly. Enough that my hands hurt for a day after trying it. I chalked that one up to a learning experience and now that pad will sit on the shelf at home and collect dust. I'd stick with the regular pads or the argo pads, and if necessary break out the green striped pad.

100% humididty here today. cleaned an off-white olefin berber in an apartment...medium-heavy soil. dirtier areas pad was left very wet & dripping. cleaned up great and was nearly dry 2 hours later. and i didn't go over the areas with a dry pad after.

thanx --- Derek.