Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
? about Red-Vanish

Is RV a strong chemical with strong odor, and does it work on makeup and wax?
I got a tip from Mike at Naturell for removing wax based spots.
Take 10 paper towels,wet them & ring out, Lay on stain and apply heat & steam from an iron. He claims this works well. Anyone try this or have luck with other methods?
Bill

Re: ? about Red-Vanish

I've used a number of red stain removal products. None have had any odor that I can recall. Usually the product is applied to the stain. Then a small wet cotton cloth, like a facecloth or small towel, is laid over the stain. Using a moderate iron, hold it over the cloth, so that heat builds up, assisting the product to draw up the red dye. While 30 seconds is recommended for holding the iron down, I usually do it for less, so as not to leave a melted-out mark on a synthetic carpet.

In regards to make up and wax red vanish in-its-self won't do much for removing those types of stains.However,it can do alot for the residual dye that can be left over after properley spotting.I presume you are using the vacaway line since you did mention red vanish.#1.Make-up;remove excess solids by scraping with bone scraper or other similar tool.Blt with cyclone applied to your towel,not directly to the carpet.In most cases using cyclone should take of the spot.Remember that you can use red vanish on residual colors other than red.#2. Wax; candle,parafin what ever it may be the higher the quality if wax the better dye ingedients will be.I do recommend using plain white spotting towels instead of paper.Like you mentioned previously,dampen,lay over wax and use the lowest steam setting,if you are using a standard clothing iron.What we've been using for over a year is little garment steamer from oreck because of its space saving size.It stows nicely in the spotting bag.They're also inexpensive
Patrick

I thought the point of red vanish was that you didn't need to use heat for it to work?

If it doesn't do the job fully using it at room temperature, try the heat method

Check the lable as regards to the use of heat.

Thanks All for the tips!