Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Commercial Jobs

Hello everyone,

When doing commercial jobs do you charge for extras like gum and hard to remove stains? What would be a reasonable price for these extras, especially the gum?

Thank you,

Brian and Joline

Re: Commercial Jobs

You can either calculate the amount of time & effort it might take into your sq. ft. rate for the job, or you could quote a lower rate for the straight cleaning part, and a per-piece, or per-stain rate for the extra stuff. If there's a lot of, say, gum, you could propose charging $1 or $2 per removal each.

Re: Commercial Jobs

for me, i would not charge extra for gum/spot removal on commercial. i would do like Mark's 1st idea and add it into your per sq.ft. charge.

how much do you want to make per hour? say $100? how much commercial carpet can you clean per hour? say 700? then you have to charge a paltry 14.3 cents per sq.ft. to make your target of $100.

the less complicated it is for my prospects, the better chance i have of them hiring me i figure. an unknown of "X" amount of dollars (or cents) per piece of gum or per spot is an unknown and turns me off personally (unless you have the time to go around and count all those spots, but invariably there are pieces you will miss counting and will run into when you are cleaning).

thanx --- D