Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question about IICRC

I'm wondering what you folks know about the IICRC certification. Is it basically for steam cleaning, or is this a certification that everybody really should have, even us OP'ers? If it's something we all need, does anybody know if it can be done online?

Thanks all.

Re: Question about IICRC

IICRC has traditionally been closely associated with the wet side of the industry. My guess is that it has been heavily supported financially by manufacturers of high ticket items like truck mount machines. In more recent years they have begun to pay a little more attention to practitioners of low moisture methods, but they try to get you to think that all other methods are "interim" cleaning methods, and that only HWE is a "deep cleaning" method. Fewer & fewer people are buying this line, as VLM (low moisture) continues to take market share from steam cleaners. The public for the most part has never heard of them. I've had one customer (1!!) in my 15 years in this business ask me if I used methods approved by IICRC. I said "No, I use a much better method, without all the water & chemicals that
IICRC advocates". That was the end of the conversation. At the end of the job she agreed that I had gotten her better results than "those steam guys".

I love it! I'm going to memorize that one liner just in case. Thanks Mark.

"in my 15 years in this business ask me if I used methods approved by IICRC. I said "No, I use a much better method, without all the water & chemicals that"

Just a couple of notes all systems fall under one of the 5 IICRC approved "methods".

As for the IICRC being HWE..I think just might be amazed at the progress and those that use LM. How about A LM guy Being A TAC and the Vice Chair of a Standard?

The New S100 will most certainly be more LM friendly. THe LMCCA has numerous guys serving on it and CCMT.

What happens is when people getting involved things change...as an organization the LMCCA and its Industry Partner and Members have done a great job educating and creating good press.